Windows 10: Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account

Discus and support Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro running on my older pc which is activated using microsoft account digital license but now I have bought a new laptop but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmmarMalik1, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account

I have windows 10 pro running on my older pc which is activated using microsoft

account digital license but now I have bought a new laptop but the retailer has installed an non-activated copy of windows 10 pro in it.

now am trying to activate using my Microsoft account but it is not getting activated.

:)

AmmarMalik1, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account

1. Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Cannot activate using

2. Cannot use University Account to activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot use University Account to activate Windows 10: Before reinstall Windows 10, I use my University Microsoft account to activate Windows 10. All I had to do was signed it in Office 365. But after reinstall Windows 10, I cannot use it to automatically activate anymore. Can anyone help?...
  3. Using a Microsoft account for temporary Windows activation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using a Microsoft account for temporary Windows activation?: My friend has a new build and moved over his SSDs from his old build expecting that W10 would activate. After trying to activate and calling Microsoft, they say it won't activate using that key anymore (we think it was an OEM Windows 8 key that got upgraded to 10 and couldn't...
  4. Cannot Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change And I never used microsoft account on my...

Cannot Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change And I never used microsoft account on my...: My Old system Died Motherboard not booting up last week and after Purchasing new Hardware Processor and Motherboard I could not activate my Windows 10 Pro license i keep having an error 0xC004C003. Can somebody help me? I'm using local Account on my computer since it's...
  5. Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account

Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account: I have created a domain on Microsoft and create multiple users with Microsoft 365 business license. Now i want to activate Win 10 and Office 365 on my company's computers. I saw a video in which i have to login into PC as administrator using Microsoft account, but when i...
  6. Windows 10 not activating using Microsoft Account

Windows 10 not activating using Microsoft Account: Hey guys, just built a PC and installed Windows 10 ver 2004. Signed in with my ms account but it says it couldn't activate because my editions are different to another PC that I have.. My editions on both PCs are Win 10 Home.. why can't I activate Windows on the new PC? Any...
  7. Cannot activate windows 10 account

Cannot activate windows 10 account: Hello, I recently upgraded my computer motherboard and am required to reactivate my account I have already tried using the troubleshoot method in which it states my microsoft account does not contain any linked devices even though when i got to my account I can see my pc on...
  8. Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account.: I tried to put my name "Lach" on my Microsoft account and it says that I cannot because it contains a word or phrase that is not allowed. How do I solve this issue so that my account name has my correct information?...
  9. Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account: I cannot login to Windows 10 using my Microsoft account. When I try, it asks me to enter my password, which I do. Then it asks me to enter my password again and when I do, it says my password is incorrect. Please help! I normally login with a local account but the local...
  10. Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.

Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.: I have a HP laptop and Windows 10 Pro version 1809 activated with my Microsoft account's digital license. Recently I DIY a new PC and installed Windows 10 Pro in it, knowing that my Microsoft account's digital license will activate my Windows 10. After it finished I find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why microsoft canot activate using a microsoft account