Windows 10: Cannot activate windows 11 on newly built computer

Discus and support Cannot activate windows 11 on newly built computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm in this predicament because my windows 10 computer kicked the bucket on Sunday night, and I just built a new computer from parts at Microcenter.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TopherDobson, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Cannot activate windows 11 on newly built computer

I'm in this predicament because my windows 10 computer kicked the bucket on Sunday night, and I just built a new computer from parts at Microcenter. They didn't install an OS for me -- instead I downloaded the installation media directly from the Microsoft website and installed it on my new computer with a usb key using the utility from this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11 . After that, I went through the process to install Windows 11 Pro N, and I clicked "I don't have a product key" during the installation. I am typing this now from a computer running window

:)

TopherDobson, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Windows not Activating on my newly built PC

Hi Community,

I've been using an Intel Core i-5 4670K with an ASUS motherboard build for years (since 2013). Back then I was in university. The university portal gave the students access to official Microsoft products through their licence agreement with Microsoft. When
    Windows 10 officially launched in July 2015 I activated Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) on my Microsoft account through the key that I got from the university portal. Eversince I have been using this PC as my personal computer long after I graduated till now, November

As the years gone by my PC slowly started to struggle to keep up with the lateset games and programs. So I decided it was time to build a new PC. This took place yesterday. I built a Ryzen 7 3700X with an ASUS X570-PLUS motherboard. So basically moving over
    from years of using Intel to AMD.

The problem I'm now experiencing is that I cannot for the life of me seem to activate my Windows again on this newly built PC. I'm using the exact same Microsoft account. The message I get from the Microsoft Account tab is "Unable to activate Windows. We
    can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." and I also get an Error Code: 0xC004F213.

Can someone please assist me so that I can have my Windows active again on my new system like it was on my old one?

Kindest regards,

Marius

Marius Basson, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Cannot activate windows 11 on newly built computer

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Cannot activate windows 11 on newly built computer

1. Cannot activate windows 11 on newly built computer - Similar Threads - Cannot activate newly

2. Cannot install windows 11 on a newly built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install windows 11 on a newly built PC: My parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qxVZPFHello! I have just installed a fresh media installation of windows 11 onto a USB, and im trying to put it onto my newly built pc. I have an Asus B650-A motherboard, CPU is a 7800X3D, Secure boot is on standard changed it to...
  3. Cannot install windows 11 on a newly built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install windows 11 on a newly built PC: My parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qxVZPFHello! I have just installed a fresh media installation of windows 11 onto a USB, and im trying to put it onto my newly built pc. I have an Asus B650-A motherboard, CPU is a 7800X3D, Secure boot is on standard changed it to...
  4. Cannot activate windows 11 on newly built computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot activate windows 11 on newly built computer: I'm in this predicament because my windows 10 computer kicked the bucket on Sunday night, and I just built a new computer from parts at Microcenter. They didn't install an OS for me -- instead I downloaded the installation media directly from the Microsoft website and...
  5. Newly-built computer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly-built computer keeps crashing: Hi all, I recently built my first desktop computer, and I keep getting crashes. They started quite infrequently, but have become a daily occurrence. The blue screen disappears pretty quickly, so I've only managed to get two screenshots of it. The stopcodes they give me are...
  6. BSoD on newly built computer

BSoD on newly built computer: I have gotten 3 BSoDs since building this computer 1 week ago. I don't know what code it's throwing, sometimes happens while in screen lock. It restarts too quick for me to see what the code is and I have no idea how to interpret the codes to see what they mean. The latest...
  7. Newly built computer restarts randomly HELP

Newly built computer restarts randomly HELP: I5-9600k Asus Prime z390a Radeon Red devil RX 5700XT G.skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz 2x8Gb ram 650W EVGA Bronze rated psu Gamdias C 2 fan radiator So i had an issue building this. When i first put it all together, it wouldn't post with both sticks of ram in the mobo, in...
  8. Windows not Activating on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not Activating on my newly built PC: Hi Community, I've been using an Intel Core i-5 4670K with an ASUS motherboard build for years (since 2013). Back then I was in university. The university portal gave the students access to official Microsoft products through their licence agreement with Microsoft. When...
  9. Newly built PC, can't activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Newly built PC, can't activate windows.: Hi all, Throughout this week I bought and built my new PC after the old one had mobo issues. I just finished installing Windows 10 on the new system but it won't let me activate. I fiddled around in my Microsoft account and though that removing the old PC(s) would help...
  10. Newly built computer keeps bluescreening

Newly built computer keeps bluescreening: My desktop that I built this summer has been randomly giving BSODs after prolonged use. They are generic error messages like "IRQL not less or equal" but they are always different so far. I have all drivers up to date, but there was nothing in my minidump folder. I enabled...