Windows 10: Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation

Discus and support Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community. My problem has to do with the activation of Windows 10 after a hardware change. I installed the parts yesterday and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Reqvhio, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Reqvhio Win User

Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation

Hello Microsoft Community. My problem has to do with the activation of Windows 10 after a hardware change. I installed the parts yesterday and when I tried to activate Windows post installation, it gave me the error message that starts with "unable to reach activation servers. . ." I thought the servers had a problem and stopped looking into it.

Today, after flashing my BIOS, I was able to get to the next stage of activation process. Now, I can login into my Microsoft account to select my new device and re-activate my digital license but it doesn't work. All I get is a an error that says "Windows cannot be activated." I don't know who to contact about this or if I can do something about it. I await your support.

Warm Regards,

Ray Forte

:)

Reqvhio, Aug 4, 2019
  2. erpster4 Win User

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

OP could try a phone activation of Win10 as a last resort since he changed the motherboard, processor & RAM, which is pretty close to doing an "overhaul" of an computer

what were the original (old) motherboard, original CPU and old RAM chips before this problem occured?
    and what kind of new board, new CPU & new RAM sticks did OP use before trying to reactivate Win10?

I know replacing an old motherboard with a new board that uses a different chipset & RAM chips (lets say old board uses AMD CPU with DDR3 RAM sticks and new board uses Intel CPU but using DDR4 RAM sticks) is pretty much a very substantial change that will require re-activation.

erpster4, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Upgrading motherboard, RAM, and CPU after installing Windows 10. Problems?

Hi Clancy,

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU

• TPM

• Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD

• Video card

• Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation

I want to change my motherboard, cpu and ram.

Can i change my motherboard,cpu and ram without re-installing windows or loosing the license.

Currently i have Intel CPU and i want to change it to Ryzen cpu.

Gorelov Bogdan, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation

1. Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate Motherboard

2. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  3. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  4. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall: So i literally just changed my hardware, reinstalled windows and won't activate.Last time i activated windows was with the Free windows 7 - 10 free upgrade, 6 years ago - So im left at a loss.How do i get Microsoft to allow my windows to get activated again?...
  5. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall: So i literally just changed my hardware, reinstalled windows and won't activate.Last time i activated windows was with the Free windows 7 - 10 free upgrade, 6 years ago - So im left at a loss.How do i get Microsoft to allow my windows to get activated again?...
  6. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.: Split from this thread.This PC is running an activated Windows 10. I have replaced the motherboard & CPU NOT the hard disk with the activated software and system now tells me it needs activating - and no error code is produced by the system. The inability to communicate...
  8. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...
  9. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.: First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big surprise. Got to the troubleshoot screen and reinstalled or whatever its called from there. Works great, except windows doesn't want...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer desk top was dowloaded to CPU now had been change?