Windows 10: Cannot Activate Windows after update. Freezing

Discus and support Cannot Activate Windows after update. Freezing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, After an update my Windows 10 needs to be activated again. Whenever I click any button or option to do with activation the current window just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobotShield1, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Cannot Activate Windows after update. Freezing

Hi,

After an update my Windows 10 needs to be activated again. Whenever I click any button or option to do with activation the current window just freezes. The rest of the apps and windows continue to work and I can even close down the settings window but I cannot get to a point of activating windows.

For example I have clicked "Start -> Settings -> Update and Secuirty" Then when I click "Activation" the settings window immediately freezes and no longer responds. It does not open the activation tab.

Any help greatly appreciated

:)

RobotShield1, Aug 16, 2020
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

Cannot Activate Windows after update. Freezing

Windows update freezes

Hi,

If your Windows 10 freezes while updating, it could be due to corrupted or incompatible drivers or system files, or third-party application conflicts. We suggest you to run the
    Windows Update troubleshooter, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar, and press
      Enter on the keyboard.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Click View All.
    • Right-click on Windows Update from the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend you to follow the instructions provided by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Activate Windows after update. Freezing

1. Cannot Activate Windows after update. Freezing - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate update

2. Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update: I recently had to replace the motherboard on my self-built system. I was reusing an OEM Key from an old laptop for this system, but after I replaced the board I figured it was a great time to purchase a new license. And so I did, I purchased a license from the Microsoft Store...
  3. Cannot activate windows after Bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows after Bios update: After updating my gigabyte motherboard bios, I couldn't reactivate my windows. even if I click on "I've recently changed my hardware" nothing happens and just tells me to get a new product key. Is this normal and do I have to spend stupid amount of money again?...
  4. Cannot activate windows after Bios update

Cannot activate windows after Bios update: After updating my gigabyte motherboard bios, I couldn't reactivate my windows. even if I click on "I've recently changed my hardware" nothing happens and just tells me to get a new product key. Is this normal and do I have to spend stupid amount of money again?...
  5. Cannot activate Windows 11 after updating bios.

Cannot activate Windows 11 after updating bios.: I have updated bios and re-installed window 11 with formatting, after that I cannot activate my windows 11 DSP.I am using windows 11 with Asrock Z790 taichiYou can see about error message in attatched picture.I want to fix this issue ASAP....
  6. Cannot active Windows after an update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot active Windows after an update.: Last week, I did a Windows Update on Wins 10 Pro and then I got Active Windows error message no valid digital license or product key. It blocks me to open Office 2019. I have used it for 3 years, re-installed Wins 2 times, changed HDD to SSD ... without error.I opened support...
  7. Cannot active Windows after an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot active Windows after an update.: Last week, I did a Windows Update on Wins 10 Pro and then I got Active Windows error message no valid digital license or product key. It blocks me to open Office 2019. I have used it for 3 years, re-installed Wins 2 times, changed HDD to SSD ... without error.I opened support...
  8. Cannot active Windows after an update.

9. after win10 update to 10.0.19042 cannot activate windows

after win10 update to 10.0.19042 cannot activate windows: hi Experts, since i have upgraded my windows to latest i started to get activate windows messages on my device. i thought the license had expired and i had to buy a new one that am now not able to activate it for some how and stuck in this loop. every time i try to...
  10. Cannot Activate Windows 10 after motherboard update

Cannot Activate Windows 10 after motherboard update: I've just installed a new motherboard and cannot activate windows 10 via the trouble shooter or any of the other methods I've read. I purchased windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 when that offer was available....