Windows 10: Cannot activate Windows Defender

Discus and support Cannot activate Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Win10 Version 1803 latest updates - private pc I deinstalled Gdata-Internet-Security completely using "AVCleaner". After restarting the PC a system... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JZ-Wbg-Ndw, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Cannot activate Windows Defender

Win10 Version 1803 latest updates - private pc

I deinstalled Gdata-Internet-Security completely using "AVCleaner".

After restarting the PC a system notice tells me to activate Windows Defender.

By opening the appropriate window a notice appears, which tells me that the admin has not allowed to change the entry. And really it was impossible, because the switch was "OFF" and the switch was grey.

I searched für solutions. One of this sides seems to be good:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start/problems-starting-windows-defender-in-windows/808253bb-db89-4db9-a4e5-1c91a86489e9

I tried all solutions-steps, but none was successfully.

Any other idea?

Thanks for answers!

:)

JZ-Wbg-Ndw, Apr 27, 2019

2. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Apr 27, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Cannot activate Windows Defender

problem in activating windows defender.

The behavior you are describing is typical if there are remnants of a third party program installed.

Run the McAfee Removal Tool again and reboot the computer…

If that doesn’t fix it see the following:

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender
    listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    ?

Le Boule, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Cannot activate Windows Defender

1. Cannot activate Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Cannot activate Defender

2. can activate windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can activate windows defender: I am getting an administrator error when trying to activate windows defender I have administrative privileges'. what do i do? * Moved from Win 10?Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/can-activate-windows-defender/15895624-fe08-428d-b641-c3dec77b119e
  3. can activate windows defender

can activate windows defender: I am getting an administrator error when trying to activate windows defender I have administrative privileges'. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-activate-windows-defender/15895624-fe08-428d-b641-c3dec77b119e
  4. Cant activate windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant activate windows defender: I cant activete real time protection it just goes off again if i try to activate it. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/cmc_exe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcso6z/cant_activate_windows_defender/
  5. windows defender activation

windows defender activation: I can not activate windwos defender on my device. in settings i do not have option for activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-activation/52864a19-5170-4383-a346-7f00cf0c02a0
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated

Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated: Hi, I purchased the MSO Office home and could not activate my Windows Defender Antivirus. Tried searching the net for answers and tried different ways but to no avail. Home someone form MS could help me. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Defender always active?

Windows Defender always active?: How can I deactivate Win Defender for good? I use Avira, but sometimes I get "Win Def needs attention" or such. How can I tell my PC that I use a different scanner?...
  8. windows defender not activated

windows defender not activated: in my new acer pc an antivirus named Norton is preinstalled and I used that antivirus until it expires. then I uninstalled that antivirus and tried to use windows defender but when I tried to run the quick scan it says that "your it administrator has limited access to some...
  9. defender not activating

defender not activating: trying to turn on defender after removing avg - not allowing to even as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/defender-not-activating/13e81003-660c-4533-a7ed-22fefabdc59e"
  10. Windows Defender will not activate

Windows Defender will not activate: Perhaps a year ago, a friend paid someone to provide a new computer. It is some HP model that came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. It possibly also came from HP with one of the big name (Norton, McAfee, or whoever) "security scan" application installed. A freeware antivirus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service service failed to start due to the following error:The parameter is incorrect.