Windows 10: Cannot activate windows hello pin on Microsoft account user but it works for local users

Discus and support Cannot activate windows hello pin on Microsoft account user but it works for local users in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, whenever i try to activate PIN on my user microsoft login i get the error "something went wrong, please try again" with no error code.I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CiucuLaurentiu, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Cannot activate windows hello pin on Microsoft account user but it works for local users

Hi, whenever i try to activate PIN on my user microsoft login i get the error "something went wrong, please try again" with no error code.I can activate the pin for local users. I tried clearing TPM / reinstalling windows 10 and 11 / activating pin in regedit

:)

CiucuLaurentiu, Nov 14, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

3. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 14, 2022
  4. chideock Win User

Cannot activate windows hello pin on Microsoft account user but it works for local users

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, Nov 14, 2022
Thema:

Cannot activate windows hello pin on Microsoft account user but it works for local users

1. Cannot activate windows hello pin on Microsoft account user but it works for local users - Similar Threads - Cannot activate hello

2. Cannot activate windows hello pin on Microsoft account user but it works for local users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot activate windows hello pin on Microsoft account user but it works for local users: Hi, whenever i try to activate PIN on my user microsoft login i get the error "something went wrong, please try again" with no error code.I can activate the pin for local users. I tried clearing TPM / reinstalling windows 10 and 11 / activating pin in regedit...
  3. New Local User Account taken over Microsoft User Account'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Local User Account taken over Microsoft User Account': I had 2 Local Standard User Accounts and1 Microsoft Administrator Account. I wanted tosign in with any of these accounts but Microsoft Account was blocking access to signing in with the Local Accounts. I tried to change sign in to the Microsoft Account by switching to one of...
  4. New Local User Account taken over Microsoft User Account'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Local User Account taken over Microsoft User Account': I had 2 Local Standard User Accounts and1 Microsoft Administrator Account. I wanted tosign in with any of these accounts but Microsoft Account was blocking access to signing in with the Local Accounts. I tried to change sign in to the Microsoft Account by switching to one of...
  5. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  6. local user account

local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  7. Cannot switch my windows account from a microsoft account to a local user.

Cannot switch my windows account from a microsoft account to a local user.: Hello, I have setup a work station at my work and right now it is under my personal microsoft account I want to switch it over to a local administrator account. However I cannot sign in as a local user no matter what I try there is no option to sign in as a local user I can...
  8. Deleted local user account and adding windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted local user account and adding windows hello: Hi I had an issue with my sons family activity reporting and it appeared to be because he was a local user account rather than under my family in terms of the user admin. I couldn't find an option to switch him from a local user to a Microsoft family account user so created...
  9. Cannot Add PIN to User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Add PIN to User Account: I upgraded to v1607 and lost my PIN sign-in option. I went to go add my PIN back and the "Add" button did absolutely nothing. I looked on the Microsoft answers page and it said to delete the contents of the NGC folder, so I did that too. That did not solve the problem...
  10. Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account: Hello everyone. Normally, I am no slouch in trying to find a solution to a problem with searching the net, but so far I haven't found a solution to my problem. Upgraded my Windows 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. So I started Win 10 with a local account. Which is joined to a...