Windows 10: Cannot Activate Windows With Either Key.

Discus and support Cannot Activate Windows With Either Key. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My girlfriend who went from build 9926 to 10041 is no longer activated. neither of the two product key work (Neither Pro Or Enterprise).. i have even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hal0freak, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Hal0freak Win User

Cannot Activate Windows With Either Key.

My girlfriend who went from build 9926 to 10041 is no longer activated. neither of the two product key work (Neither Pro Or Enterprise).. i have even tried having her attempt to use command prompt for manual activation but nothing works.. Im thinking i could try Microsoft toolkit since it should be activated anyways (ive heard of a success story why not maybe try it)m. Or maybe just wiping it again might work?

:)

Hal0freak, Mar 29, 2015

2. Can I use windows 10 education key for for window 7 or windows 8.1 core?

No, a Windows 10 Education key cannot activate neither Windows 7 or Windows 8. You will need to purchase a license for either of those versions if you wish to use them. Windows 8 and Windows 7 both use their own unique product keys.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 29, 2015
  3. RodTacey Win User
    How or where can I buy a Windows 10 key?

I assume you installed Windows 10 by an upgrade, either windows 7 or 8/8.1, if this is the case then just activate as a key is automatically given, if you cannot find your key then use a programme called Speccy or Produkey this will give it to you, hope
    this helps....

RodTacey, Mar 29, 2015
  4. Roger Win User

Are you getting nags?

There other reports of similar problems but I wouldn't worry about it until you're pressed for action.
    I'd wait until after the next upgrade and do a clean install if possible.
    Sounds like a hitch in the gitalong............ not really a bug. *Huh
    Next week maybe on a new ISO for 10049 and a clean install will solve all your problems.............
    in the meantime keep trucking until you are shot down. *Biggrin

Roger, Apr 1, 2015
  5. Hal0freak Win User
    I have made the 10049 ISO myself and i'm trying to guide her to doing a clean install since she has nothing already on it.. i hope it works for her.

Hal0freak, Apr 1, 2015
  6. Roger Win User
    Has the ISO been tested?

Roger, Apr 1, 2015
  7. Hal0freak Win User
    I am actually getting ready to test it out myself on my main machine with a clean wipe (as in deleting the partition entirely then remaking it to ensure total destruction of files). The files are copying to my Flash drive right now.. ill let you know if it works or not though.

Hal0freak, Apr 1, 2015
  8. Roger Win User

I've heard that can you spot a guy that sent a bad ISO to his girlfriend because he's walking around by himself, kicking rocks, and talking to himself.
    YMMV
    Good luck !

Roger, Apr 1, 2015
  9. Hal0freak Win User
    Thanks! About 57% moving my stuff to an IDE HDD..... this will prob be an overnighter lol. but ill be sure to get back. i have been trying to contribute to the forums since I have also needed help *Biggrin i love tech *Biggrin *Biggrin

Hal0freak, Apr 1, 2015
  10. swarfega Win User
    Are you using NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR as the key? Are you using the Windows 10 TP downloads rather than something like the enterprise version?

swarfega, Apr 1, 2015
  11. Hal0freak Win User
    i had her use the same as me. (The pro using NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR as the key)
    Also i haven't gotten her to use the ISO i made but it was a complete success for me

Hal0freak, Apr 2, 2015
  12. swarfega Win User
    I would suggest doing a clean install from 10041 ISO then upgrading in Windows to 10049.

swarfega, Apr 2, 2015
  13. Roger Win User

That's good news! Since she's still talking to you and it's Easter weekend, I'm thinking that a new Easter bonnet and some help in installing the new media might insure that you have someone to talk to for awhile *Biggrin
    Take it from a man with great experience, talking to yourself gets old in a hurry. You never seem to get an intelligent reply.
    Good luck getting her machine fixed and try to do it when she's not watching. Women tend to get bossy even when they don't know what the hell you're doing *Huh

Roger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Activate Windows With Either Key. - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate Either

2. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  3. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cannot activate windows licensed key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot activate windows licensed key: cannot activate windows licensed key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-windows-licensed-key/51203cf8-b91d-4635-863a-e729c98577a3
  6. cannot activate windows licensed key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot activate windows licensed key: cannot activate windows licensed key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-windows-licensed-key/51203cf8-b91d-4635-863a-e729c98577a3
  7. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro Key: Hi, So I am in a bit of a complex situation as it pertains to my Windows 10 situation, and I could really use some help sorting through this. When I first reinstalled Windows on this computer, I chose Windows 10 Pro instead of regular Windows 10- I am aware that to...
  8. Cannot print to either printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print to either printer: Have a fairly new Windows 10 laptop purchased 2 weeks ago. After installing the drivers for my two printers one is an HP, the other a Brother, I am unable to print to either printer. Sending a print job or a test print to either printer gives an error. Both printers are...
  9. Cannot activate reinstalled Windows with OEM key

Cannot activate reinstalled Windows with OEM key: I've reinstalled my Windows 10 Home edition because it was Chinese and I wanted English. Turned out my key was a single-language Chinese key so I've downloaded the Chinese installer to reinstall the original system and activate it so that I can at least have a working...
  10. I cannot activate my window's key

I cannot activate my window's key: I have finally gotten my windows activation key but i cannot activate it. it's showing me an error message which states that i have to connect to my organiztion's server. i don't know what to do please help...