Windows 10: Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine.

Discus and support Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Due to a hardware issue I was forced to buy a new computer and install Windows fresh to the new machine's C Drive.I have a digital licence attached to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jamiewhitephd, May 9, 2022.

1. Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine.

Due to a hardware issue I was forced to buy a new computer and install Windows fresh to the new machine's C Drive.I have a digital licence attached to my Microsoft account and yet I cannot activate windows on this new machine. Windows cannot find a product key, and troubleshooting leads me nowhere. The old machine is no longer listed on my devices list, so I cannot see why my licence won't apply.Is there anyone available who could help with this?

:)

jamiewhitephd, May 9, 2022

2. Windows Digital licence transfer

Hi,

hoping someone can help me. I have significantly upgraded my PC (almost everything apart from BD and case!) and have had to re-install Windows. The digital licence I had associated with the original PC will not install on my new PC and tells me it is
    invalid. From memory the old licence was associated to an old Windows 8.1 licence I bought many years ago.

Is there anyway to utilise the digital licence. The only licence on my account I can use is a licence associated to a laptop that I actively use. Although the old PC is listed as have a digital licence.

Any thoughts or help much appreciated

Thanks

GordonWilkie, May 9, 2022
  3. Windows Digital licence transfer

PutraNakal, May 9, 2022
  4. AshKas Win User

Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine.

upgrading windows with digital licence

I recently got a new computer. I have a digital licence for windows 10 pro on my old computer. I want to use that licence on my new computer however I have windows 10 home installed (and not activated) on the new computer. So when trying to activate
    my digital licence on this computer it tells me the licence doesn't match this version. What do?

AshKas, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine.

1. Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine. - Similar Threads - Cannot activate digital

2. Activating windows digital licence after installing windows on a new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating windows digital licence after installing windows on a new drive: I have a Windows 11 Pro license from upgrading from 8 to 10 then 11.The license is linked to my account.I recently bought an SSD to replace my HDD. I installed the SSD and windows 11 Pro on it.I now have Windows installed on both drives but only the old one is activated...
  3. Activating windows digital licence after installing windows on a new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating windows digital licence after installing windows on a new drive: I have a Windows 11 Pro license from upgrading from 8 to 10 then 11.The license is linked to my account.I recently bought an SSD to replace my HDD. I installed the SSD and windows 11 Pro on it.I now have Windows installed on both drives but only the old one is activated...
  4. Windows 10 no longer activated and cannot locate digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no longer activated and cannot locate digital licence: My PC was originally Windows 7 with OEM disk complete with Product Key. It was automatically updated to Windows 10 a few years ago and I understood that it would continue to operate under a Digital Licence. For some reason this weekend my Office Professional Plus 2016 ceased...
  5. Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine.: Due to a hardware issue I was forced to buy a new computer and install Windows fresh to the new machine's C Drive.I have a digital licence attached to my Microsoft account and yet I cannot activate windows on this new machine. Windows cannot find a product key, and...
  6. Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot activate windows with my digital licence after installing it on a new machine.: Due to a hardware issue I was forced to buy a new computer and install Windows fresh to the new machine's C Drive.I have a digital licence attached to my Microsoft account and yet I cannot activate windows on this new machine. Windows cannot find a product key, and...
  7. Can't activate Windows with digital licence on my new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't activate Windows with digital licence on my new computer: Recently I built a computer and I installed Windows 10 home on it. On my old laptop there is a legit copy of windows 10 home (I bought it with the laptop) and a linked it to my account. On the new computer when I get to the menu where I need to chose wich device I want to...
  8. Cannot activate windows with my Digital Licence (linked with my MS Account)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot activate windows with my Digital Licence (linked with my MS Account): [ATTACH] I have recently changed from HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 in it. How ever when tried to activate/troubleshoot, windows gets activated, but with an Organisation license. I am not behind a organisation network either and not used any organisation keys. I...
  9. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence: Hi, I have attempted to install Windows 10 clean install following a hardware change motherboard and CPU. Previous to attempting to get the new system, I had Windows 10 Pro, with my account linked to the Digital Licence. Everything I read prior to the upgrade was indicative...
  10. cant activate w10 with digital licence after install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant activate w10 with digital licence after install: I have a digital w10 linked to my account but still it says it cant activate my pc, I've installed the correct addition & got all updates but still it says "NO"....the other week (1/12/18) i experienced internet connection problems but it turns out that someone linked to...