Windows 10: Cannot Active New Win 10 device with Org's 365 ID

Discus and support Cannot Active New Win 10 device with Org's 365 ID in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am a new employee and I'm trying to setup a new laptop that I was given that has Windows 10 Home pre-installed. Upon starting the laptop for the 1st... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Larry S_124, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Cannot Active New Win 10 device with Org's 365 ID

I am a new employee and I'm trying to setup a new laptop that I was given that has Windows 10 Home pre-installed. Upon starting the laptop for the 1st time, I was asked for internet connection which I provided as well as a Microsoft ID. I first tried using a 365 ID that was given to me by my employer but it never accepted that user claiming it wasn't a valid Microsoft ID. I eventually used my old Hotmail address that I haven't really used often since college some 20 years ago in order to activate Windows just so that I could start using the laptop. When I went out to Office 365, it kept tr

:)

Larry S_124, Sep 13, 2021
  2. s4i10r Win User

Change device MS ID to Office 365 ID

Further to the only reply some time ago suggesting I contact a different forum; an ID is now fundamental to Windows 10 and required to use devices such as tablets & phones.

I purchased Windows 10 devices (Tablet & Phone) and was required to set up an MS ID i.e. @hotmail.com. I subscribed to Office 365 Business Premium and transferred my domain thus can sign in to these services using @mydomain.com.

I want to change my devices so that @mydomain.com is primary, so that they use Office 365 One Drive etc. rather than @hotmail. How do I do this?

I have read a multitude of articles which have had me running in circles for a while, hence I would be grateful of clear instructions on how this can be done.

s4i10r, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Change Device MS ID to Office 365 ID

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

To switch the email user account at first you need to convert the current Microsoft account to local account and try log-in with Office 365 ID. Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.
    • Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.
    • Enter the password, click on Next and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Once the user account is converted to the local account, you can convert the local account to Microsoft account using Office 365.

Hope this help. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Cannot Active New Win 10 device with Org's 365 ID

Change Device MS ID to Office 365 ID

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you with the query.

Based on the description, please be informed that you cannot use multiple user account on Windows phone. However, on tablets you can create a new user account, sign-in using Office 365 ID.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Click on Add button and Sign in using Microsoft account (Office 365 ID).
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Active New Win 10 device with Org's 365 ID

1. Cannot Active New Win 10 device with Org's 365 ID - Similar Threads - Cannot Active device

2. login to microsoft 365 on new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login to microsoft 365 on new device: login to microsoft 365 on new device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-to-microsoft-365-on-new-device/c0f1db56-e6c4-4b40-88af-fb6c734e1e05
  3. login to microsoft 365 on new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login to microsoft 365 on new device: login to microsoft 365 on new device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-to-microsoft-365-on-new-device/c0f1db56-e6c4-4b40-88af-fb6c734e1e05
  4. Org wide upgrade to win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Org wide upgrade to win 11: Hello,We are trying to plan out the best way to move all our current win 10 devices to win 11. We are encountering devices that show they are up to date and according to the PC Health Check App they are eligible for win 11 but no upgrade option is available. Is there any way...
  5. Org wide upgrade to win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Org wide upgrade to win 11: Hello,We are trying to plan out the best way to move all our current win 10 devices to win 11. We are encountering devices that show they are up to date and according to the PC Health Check App they are eligible for win 11 but no upgrade option is available. Is there any way...
  6. Cannot activate Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Win 10 Pro: Product key was from Win 7. Used free upgrade to Win 10 years ago. I had problems with activation on my old PC same version of Windows and using a non-genuine product key solved this. A few months ago I changed everything in my PC except the harddrive with Windows on it. Last...
  7. Cannot activate Office 365

Cannot activate Office 365: Hi, I recently bought an office 365 key from Costco and it gave me the link to setup office online in which I enter the product key, which I did, then it loads forever on Select your country/region and I can't move on with the activation process. Any help would be...
  8. activation win 10 in new computer

activation win 10 in new computer: Hi, I know my English is terrible, but... I have a one big problem: I participated in the testing of windows 10 and I got a free key from you (unfortunately I lost it), I worked earlier on the original windows 7 but on the new computer I can not install win 7 because as...
  9. Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?: Dear Community, I want to change my device ID (machine ID) via regedit. But I want know whether it will affect the Product activation or other authorisations. I have installed Windows 10 and activated. Please advice....
  10. Cannot activate Win 10

Cannot activate Win 10: I just upgraded my win 8.1 installation to Win 10, as released today 7/29. So this isn't a preview. However, it hasn't activated yet. When I click on manually, it tries and just reports that it cannot activate now. This is confusing. I thought there wouldn't be a problem. And...