Windows 10: Cannot add a email account, calendar

Discus and support Cannot add a email account, calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrMike4, Jan 30, 2020.

1. MrMike4 Win User

Cannot add a email account, calendar

Hi

I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not activated.Pls advise.Thanks

:)

MrMike4, Jan 30, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 30, 2020
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. Cannot add a email account, calendar

Sync ONLY calendar data in my google account with the Windows 10 calendar app?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Step 1:Before adding the account:

• Click on Notification icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select All settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Select Calendar.
    • Select Choose apps that can access Calendar.
    • Turn off Mail and Calendar.
    Add the account, then go to next step:

Step 2: After adding the account.

• Open Calendar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select the google account.
    • Select Change Mail box sync settings.
    • Under sync options, turn off Email and
      Contacts
    Hope it helps. Write to us if you need any more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot add a email account, calendar

1. Cannot add a email account, calendar - Similar Threads - Cannot add email

2. How to add a New Account for Email, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to add a New Account for Email, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11: [ATTACH]When we log in to our Windows 11 computer using a Microsoft account, then all Microsoft-related applications either replicate the login immediately or prompt for the same credentials when you open them. The Email, Calendar and Contacts application will sign in to the...
  3. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.: I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that...
  4. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.: I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that...
  5. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  6. Cannot add account to calendar

Cannot add account to calendar: I am trying to add a Google account to sync my calendar but Windows 10 Calendar program gets stuck on "Creating account" once I enter my Google account information and accept the intrusive permissions. [ATTACH]...
  7. Cannot Add an email account to Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add an email account to Outlook: I have used Outlook under Office 365 for years with little or no troubles. However, now I am trying to add a new POP email account from Cox.net but find that things have changed in the procedures I used in the past for doing so but I can't get it added to Outlook. Cox Webmail...
  8. Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working: I am trying to add my iCloud account to Windows 10's "Email, calendar, and contacts" account list to use my iCloud contacts and info with the People and Calendar apps. When I use my login credentials, it just gives me the status "looking for your settings" and hangs there...
  9. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  10. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps: When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck....