Windows 10: Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

Discus and support Cannot add a family member to Family Safety in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adam Wachter, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity detectedWe’ve detected some unusual activity. Wait to resend the invite. If you need help, please share the error details and this Trace id: 7wjhgW20EUW4UQL7.21.61 with support.This has been going on for over a week and 4 different support chats have been unsuccessful in resolving the issue.

:)

Adam Wachter, Mar 8, 2023

2. Adding phone to Family Safety

If you haven't used Family Safety before, you can skip this step. If you already use Family Safety, you'll see a screen where you need to match each Windows account to a name on the Family Safety members list.
    If a Windows account doesn't have a matching Family Safety name, click the option to add it.

You'll recognize the people listed on the Family Safety members list as the people in your family who already use Family Safety. When you match them to their Windows accounts, you're verifying for Family Safety that each person is matched to their own correct
    settings. For example, if your child's name is Ben, he might have a Windows account named Ben but be listed in the Family Safety members list as Ben Miller. By matching the accounts, you tell Family Safety that this is the same person.

If there's a Windows account on the computer for someone who hasn't used Family Safety before, you'll see them at the bottom of the list. When you click Add (person's name), Family Safety creates a new Family Safety
    membership for them with their Windows account name.

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety [​IMG]

You can match your existing Family Safety settings to your Windows accounts...

Add passwords...

It's important that all of your Windows accounts have passwords. If you have an account without a password, your kids could log on to that account and bypass their Family Safety settings.

If the Windows accounts you're setting up to monitor don't have passwords, click Add passwords.

If you have guest accounts on your computer, you should turn them off because kids can also use them to bypass safety settings.

Verify your setup...

Click Next and you'll see the Windows accounts that Family Safety is now monitoring on the computer.

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety [​IMG]

See the Windows accounts that are being monitored and what their settings are.

Jody.Brown, Mar 8, 2023
  3. Setting up Family safety settings in Windows

Hello Ajay,

I realize that you are trying to setup the Microsoft Family Safety settings.

• Which version of operating system are you using to setup the Family Safety?
    If you are using the Windows 10 then I suggest you to refer the below information and check if it helps.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using
    a PC at any time.

Add kids to your family to help them stay safer online. Adults in the family can view reports of kids’ online activity, limit how long and when they use their devices, and help make sure they don't see inappropriate websites, apps, or games.

I suggest you to create a family safety account in Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Set up family features in Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 8, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Mar 8, 2023
Thema:

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

1. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety - Similar Threads - Cannot add family

2. i cannot add new family member to safety family TraceID: uN6WMh6IHk+vESwM.6.340

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    i cannot add new family member to safety family TraceID: uN6WMh6IHk+vESwM.6.340: i cannot add new family member to safety family TraceID: uN6WMh6IHk+vESwM.6.340 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-add-new-family-member-to-safety-family/be537d27-8883-4842-a09c-474a0ce3bf74
  3. i cannot add new family member to safety family TraceID: uN6WMh6IHk+vESwM.6.340

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot add new family member to safety family TraceID: uN6WMh6IHk+vESwM.6.340: i cannot add new family member to safety family TraceID: uN6WMh6IHk+vESwM.6.340 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-add-new-family-member-to-safety-family/be537d27-8883-4842-a09c-474a0ce3bf74
  4. i cannot add new family member to safety family TraceID: uN6WMh6IHk+vESwM.6.340

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  6. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  7. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  8. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  9. I can't add a member to my family safety

I can't add a member to my family safety: Hello,I created and used a family group. But my son leaved himself my family group. Now, I want to add him again, but I get the message: "There 's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."I have tried this...
  10. Cannot add money to a family member.

Cannot add money to a family member.: After selecting the amount to be added to the account, and the method of payment I get the below message: I've tried different browsers, IE, Chrome, Microsoft Edge New and they all give same error. Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...