Windows 10: Cannot add a folder to Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Cannot add a folder to Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to add a folder to Microsoft photos but in vain. I have tried repairing, resetting, and finally uninstalling and then reinstalling the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Muhammad ShabbirAbbasi, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Cannot add a folder to Microsoft Photos

Hi,

I am trying to add a folder to Microsoft photos but in vain. I have tried repairing, resetting, and finally uninstalling and then reinstalling the app but nothing worked for me. Here are the details of my Windows version:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bit

version 1909 OS Build 18363.836

Thanks.

:)

Muhammad ShabbirAbbasi, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Cannot add a folder to Microsoft Photos

Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos

Hi JamesAderman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you referring to the pictures in Windows photos app??

If yes, you can proceed with the following steps.

You can exclude the pictures showing in the Downloads folder from the Microsoft Photos app, by following the below steps.

1. Launch the Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the ellipse icon >
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, click on
      X mark next to Downloads folder.
    Microsoft Photos app will not display the downloaded pictures.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Cannot add a folder to Microsoft Photos

1. Cannot add a folder to Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Cannot add folder

2. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  3. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  4. In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken: Hello!So the description of the issue is simple as the title of thread: in Photos app I can't use the Add a folder option as it doesn't do anything when I try to click on it. Both from the main page and both from the Settings view it's useless... It was working properly...
  5. In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken

In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken: Hello!So the description of the issue is simple as the title of thread: in Photos app I can't use the Add a folder option as it doesn't do anything when I try to click on it. Both from the main page and both from the Settings view it's useless... It was working properly...
  6. Windows Photo App - Cannot add folder AddSuggestedFoldersToLibraryDialog.exe Application...

Windows Photo App - Cannot add folder AddSuggestedFoldersToLibraryDialog.exe Application...: Hi. Since a coulpe of weeks i cannot add new folders to my Windows Photo app. All buttons to open dialog for choosing folders just do nothing. There is no error message displayed in the app itself. Steps that i tried before: 1. sfc /scannow Did not help 2. DISM /Online...
  7. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  8. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  9. Add iPhone photos to legacy Microsoft folders

Add iPhone photos to legacy Microsoft folders: I am a swimming pool & a portable spa repairman. I have been collecting photos of my jobs for 25 years & saving them to Microsoft file folders. I have a folder for each customer. I had a Windows phone & a couple of Android phones. I could copy my Windows folders to an SD...
  10. Desktop, cannot add new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop, cannot add new folder: Right click on desktop Move to "New Folder" Freezes up, cannot add a New Folder to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-cannot-add-new-folder/7f878ba3-b0f8-4a38-ac0b-460b1f960722