Windows 10: Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried adding my Yahoo account to my Microsoft Mail. I can add GMail and Hotmail but not Yahoo, receiving this error message. [ATTACH] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnBrvn, Mar 6, 2020.

1. JohnBrvn Win User

Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App

I have tried adding my Yahoo account to my Microsoft Mail. I can add GMail and Hotmail but not Yahoo, receiving this error message.

Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App ce37c38c-6e9f-4bd7-b00f-3bb4581b01d2?upload=true.jpg

I also tried adding it as an "other account" but am unable to do so.

I have reset the Mail app in settings and cleared the Windows Store cache. I have looked for any erroneous settings in Yahoo and there are none.

Please help.

:)

JohnBrvn, Mar 6, 2020
  2. stevehero Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Bastet Win User

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Bastet Win User

If you’ve tried all suggestions including setting up two factor authentication & creating an app specific password for the account then there may be a problem with the Mail app.
    As it’s also doing this with GMail then it does sound like an authentication problem as both this & Yahoo dislike working with insecure apps.
    The free version of Revo now allows you to uninstall Apps.
    More suggestions here:
    Fix: Can't Add Gmail Account to Windows 10 Mail '0x8007042b'

Bastet, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Cannot add Yahoo

2. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  3. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  4. Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail

Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail: I am trying to add my Yahoo email account to the Windows 10 mail app. I go into 'Manage Accounts' and click the 'Add Account' option.I receive the pop up window to add account. I select 'Yahoo!'.The 'Connecting to a service' window opens - showing the Yahoo! sign in window.I...
  5. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  6. cannot add gmail account to mail app

cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  7. Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I've successfully added my Yahoo.ca account to Windows 10 mail in the past. For some reason it was disconnected. I tried adding it again using the account password and the app password created through Yahoo. Both don't work. I have two-step verification set up in...
  8. Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.

Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.: I've updated to the latest Windows 10, updated the Windows Store, and all the apps, restarted several times but still have the problem, my two outlook.com accounts add just fine, but getting errors codes 0x80070490, and 0x80191019a when trying to add Gmail, and Yahoo...
  9. Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana: Hi all.. In Windows Mail, Calendar, or when trying to add a calendar to Cortana, selecting Google as the account type brings up a windows that says 'Creating Account', the little busy thing spins across (see image) and then it drops back to the select account type box...
  10. Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App: I am logged in to my Microsoft Account and am trying to add an email account to the Mail app by following Brink's tutorial Mail app - Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. When I get to step 9 and enter an email address and password, I get a message saying...