Windows 10: Cannot add account to calendar

Discus and support Cannot add account to calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to add a Google account to sync my calendar but Windows 10 Calendar program gets stuck on "Creating account" once I enter my Google account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Drakath, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Drakath Win User

Cannot add account to calendar

I am trying to add a Google account to sync my calendar but Windows 10 Calendar program gets stuck on "Creating account" once I enter my Google account information and accept the intrusive permissions.

Cannot add account to calendar 5ac4ef62-cff2-4a85-b317-2e0c6141f605?upload=true.png

:)

Drakath, Nov 11, 2018

2. Sync ONLY calendar data in my google account with the Windows 10 calendar app?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Step 1:Before adding the account:

• Click on Notification icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select All settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Select Calendar.
    • Select Choose apps that can access Calendar.
    • Turn off Mail and Calendar.
    Add the account, then go to next step:

Step 2: After adding the account.

• Open Calendar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select the google account.
    • Select Change Mail box sync settings.
    • Under sync options, turn off Email and
      Contacts
    Hope it helps. Write to us if you need any more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Nov 11, 2018
  3. In default Windows 10 calendar app, is there a way to include my work calendar (hosted by Rackspace in an Exchange account)?

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps and check if they helps.

• Click Setting(I.e. Gear Icon) on Calendar app

• Click Accounts.

• Select Add an account, tap or click the type of account you want to add, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

• Once it is done, Calendar app will Sync all your events from your work calendar.
    Hope this helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot add account to calendar - Similar Threads - Cannot add account

2. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.: I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that...
  3. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.: I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that...
  4. cannot add accounts

cannot add accounts: Nothing really new here, as this has been an issue since 10 was released. Trying to add three Microsoft accounts to native mail app, but never allows me to. Could Outlook the big boy program be the cause? You wouldn't think so, since they are all Microsoft, but since it is...
  5. Cannot add a email account, calendar

Cannot add a email account, calendar: Hi I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not activated.Pls advise.Thanks...
  6. Cannot add an account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot add an account: I cannot enter a year of birth. The drop down won't take it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-account/35da47ca-87be-4d77-be5e-6c176ee99919"
  7. Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana: Hi all.. In Windows Mail, Calendar, or when trying to add a calendar to Cortana, selecting Google as the account type brings up a windows that says 'Creating Account', the little busy thing spins across (see image) and then it drops back to the select account type box...
  8. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  9. Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts

Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 (home) for a while and I know my way around generally. Today, I'm having a weird issue with Mail and Calendar apps as both started to crash without any apparent reason. I tried to remove them (using powershell) and reinstalled from Store...
  10. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps: When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck....