Windows 10: Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App

Discus and support Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am logged in to my Microsoft Account and am trying to add an email account to the Mail app by following Brink's tutorial Mail app - Add or Delete... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Sep 21, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App

I am logged in to my Microsoft Account and am trying to add an email account to the Mail app by following Brink's tutorial Mail app - Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. When I get to step 9 and enter an email address and password, I get a message saying "We couldn't find info for that account. .....". This happens for each account on my ISP, Cox.net.

There is one email account shown by Mail and it is the same address I use to log into my MS Account.

Will someone please show my how to get beyond this point?

Thank you very much.

:)

JJG10, Sep 21, 2015
  2. cvince75 Win User

how can I make my yahoo calendar my default calendar in windows 10

I don't see an option to add my Yahoo calendar account to the Win 10 calendar app. I can add my Yahoo mail account to the Win 10 mail app. Please help.

cvince75, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Unable to add account to Windows 10 Mail App

Original title:- Win 10 mail

I am unable to add any accounts to win 10 mail. I click on the mail app and the blue box comes up, when I click on add account it shows a black square for a couple of seconds the goes back to add accounts. I would like to add my Outlook and Gmail accounts
    to this one location.

BillSwopeXL, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App

Hi,
    When you go to the add account screen, scroll down a little and you will see an advanced option, if you go to this you can enter details for mail account it doesn't auto find

Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App [​IMG]

paulsalter, Sep 21, 2015
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you.

I did as you suggested and when I went to Advanced I got a small window entitled "Internet email accoun". I filled in all the entries but it never showed the Sign In button. It was grayed out. The only one active was Cancel and I couldn't go any further.

What now?

Thanks again.

JJG10, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Was this the screen you got to?

Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App [​IMG]

If so, did you fill in all the boxes, it stays greyed out (like my above pic) if any info is missing

paulsalter, Sep 21, 2015
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Yes, that is the one. I will try again.
    Thanks again.

JJG10, Sep 21, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

I had no trouble adding my iCloud accounts, you have to remember to use the Apple ID, not the email addy you used to set up the apple account. It went right in no problem. Kind of a generic client though

XweAponX, Sep 21, 2015
  9. JJG10 Win User
    OK, I got the new counts added but neither of them will receive emails but they will send them.
    Further, they each say continually say they need attention and ask me for a password. I fix that but it pops up again.

Thanks again for all your help

JJG10, Sep 21, 2015
  10. JJG10 Win User
    Paul,

Thanks so much for your help that led me to the answer. Dumb me! I had set the accounts set up as POP3. Changed the to Imap and they both send a receive as the should.

There will probably be many other questions as I wade into the waters of the Mail app so I will probably be seen again

JJG10, Sep 21, 2015
  11. Good to hear that you got your mail accounts added successfully *Smile

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Cannot Add Account

2. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  3. cannot add gmail account to mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  4. Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app

Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app: I left it running for two hours and got no messages. Had to force close Mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-imap-account-in-windows-mail-app/adf62488-ba04-451e-ab52-aa5f6d63b7de
  5. Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App

Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App: I have tried adding my Yahoo account to my Microsoft Mail. I can add GMail and Hotmail but not Yahoo, receiving this error message. [ATTACH] I also tried adding it as an "other account" but am unable to do so. I have reset the Mail app in settings and cleared the...
  6. cannot add my gmail account to mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot add my gmail account to mail app: I bought an asus ROG Strix G531GD_G531GD two days ago and has been not able to add my gmail account to the mail app. I enters my mail id, and then the password, then the otp received to my linked mobile and then a window pops up which asks to click on "AGREE'. After clicking...
  7. win 10 mail app stuck on add account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 mail app stuck on add account: L have tried resetting email app also removed and reinstalled app to no avail. When I enter any of my email addresses, the app says email address is already in use. Anyone have any other ideas...
  8. Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account

Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account: AOL Mail stopped receiving emails on 8/4/18. Went to my account - Mail - then tried to click on my AOL Mail account it would not open for me to see if there were any issues. Next I contacted Microsoft Support and they scanned all system files & drivers and was not able...
  9. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...
  10. Mail app cannot add new account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app cannot add new account: I am having trouble adding a new account to the Mail app (first account). I start the Mail app and choose Add Account. I then choose Outlook.com and I add my Microsoft account email information L: tr*****@msn.com (asterisks inserted here to protect my identity) and type in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot add account in windows mail

2. cannot add windows mail account