Windows 10: Cannot add accounts or Sign in with Microsoft account instead

Discus and support Cannot add accounts or Sign in with Microsoft account instead in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop with a local account. I need to add an additional account. When I try to add an account I get a popup that says "Search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stickpoole, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Cannot add accounts or Sign in with Microsoft account instead

I have a Windows 10 laptop with a local account. I need to add an additional account. When I try to add an account I get a popup that says "Search for app in the Store?". I get the same popup when I click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" on the Your info screen for my local account in Settings. I have not found any suggestions so far that have helped me get passed this popup in order to complete either of these tasks.

:)

Stickpoole, Jun 21, 2020
  2. WallyX Win User

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

I do in fact have an existing Microsoft account and if I go directly to Microsoft, everything works. The problem is clearly at Step 7 of the process of, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead." I don't know why this is happening.

WallyX, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, Jun 21, 2020
  4. WallyX Win User

Cannot add accounts or Sign in with Microsoft account instead

I have a Local Account and want to, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I go through all of the required steps including entering my Username and Password. Microsoft accepts everything, then ask me to enter my password one final time. I very carefully enter it exactly as I did before and Microsoft says its not correct. Any help wold be appreciated.

WallyX, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot add accounts or Sign in with Microsoft account instead

1. Cannot add accounts or Sign in with Microsoft account instead - Similar Threads - Cannot add accounts

2. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  3. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  4. "Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing: Hello, I am not able to sign in with my microsoft account as "sign in with microsoft account instead" is not showing. Though it shows administrator as my microsoft Id. Also sign in options says my account does not have a password, you have to add a password. right now I am...
  5. Cannot access "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead": I cannot access "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" from my new laptop. [ATTACH] But I can access from Microfost Store App, Xbox App and OneDrive. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I already reinstalled Windows 10, but it was not resolved. Does anyone have any ideas...
  6. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account: I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events; I logged in as a local account. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead Followed the...
  7. sign in with a Microsoft account instead *not working*!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sign in with a Microsoft account instead *not working*!: when i go to settings -> accounts. then click sign in with a Microsoft account instead, a tab pops up saying "you need to install an app for this task"."would you like to search for one in the store?" so i click yes. then the Microsoft store opens up and then says "try that...
  8. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead: I have a Local Account and want to, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I go through all of the required steps including entering my Username and Password. Microsoft accepts everything, then ask me to enter my password one final time. I very carefully enter it exactly...
  9. Can't sign in Microsoft account instead

Can't sign in Microsoft account instead: Hi, when I want to sign in as a Microsoft account instead it always showed "Oops, something went wrong etc". how do I solved this problem? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-instead/2a92f86f-8ca5-42a6-be2b-1e4a8ac9abfb
  10. Cannot sign in microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot sign in microsoft account: I cannot sign in my Microsoft account from any app. The login window was empty and closed before anything showed up. The error code I got was 0x0000042b, which basically means that the program was aborted unexpectedly. Any idea on how should I solve this problem? Edit: sfc...