Windows 10: cannot add accounts

Discus and support cannot add accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Nothing really new here, as this has been an issue since 10 was released. Trying to add three Microsoft accounts to native mail app, but never allows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rbasin, Mar 29, 2020.

1. rbasin Win User

cannot add accounts

Nothing really new here, as this has been an issue since 10 was released. Trying to add three Microsoft accounts to native mail app, but never allows me to. Could Outlook the big boy program be the cause? You wouldn't think so, since they are all Microsoft, but since it is Microsoft...

Getting rid of Office this week, so once I purge that hokey suite, I'll see. Only need this PC for one program for another 3 months, then I'll have zero Microsoft hardware/software!!

:)

rbasin, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 29, 2020
  4. cannot add accounts

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

cannot add accounts

1. cannot add accounts - Similar Threads - cannot add accounts

2. cannot add child to account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot add child to account: my child's account shows that he is connected to a family under my name. but does not show under my account. microsoft support cannot help me by even removing him from the family that he is in because i cannot give them the email address that it's showing he's connected to. i...
  3. cannot add child to account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot add child to account: my child's account shows that he is connected to a family under my name. but does not show under my account. microsoft support cannot help me by even removing him from the family that he is in because i cannot give them the email address that it's showing he's connected to. i...
  4. cannot add child to account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot add anyone to family account.

Cannot add anyone to family account.: Our son needs to be in our family to play his xbox account with many games etc. He was until, due to him being region locked to the UK with no way to change this either This is the next issue we will resolve, but first we just want him back in our god-damn microsoft...
  6. cannot add AOL account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot add AOL account: I have successfully added my gmail account yet cannot add aol. Aol is listed but not activated. Please help. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-aol-account/8eacbe0f-efa0-465b-b3a3-7e6bf99e0145
  7. Cannot add pc to child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add pc to child account: I have 2 child accounts in my MS account family. It was working fine the past several days after setting it up. Today, 1 of the child accounts showed a warning saying that the device could not apply family management settings until the child account logged back into the PC....
  8. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  9. Cannot add an account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot add an account: I cannot enter a year of birth. The drop down won't take it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-account/35da47ca-87be-4d77-be5e-6c176ee99919"
  10. Cannot add account to calendar

Cannot add account to calendar: I am trying to add a Google account to sync my calendar but Windows 10 Calendar program gets stuck on "Creating account" once I enter my Google account information and accept the intrusive permissions. [ATTACH]...