Windows 10: Cannot Add an email account to Outlook

Discus and support Cannot Add an email account to Outlook in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have used Outlook under Office 365 for years with little or no troubles. However, now I am trying to add a new POP email account from Cox.net but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JJG10, Oct 25, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Cannot Add an email account to Outlook

I have used Outlook under Office 365 for years with little or no troubles. However, now I am trying to add a new POP email account from Cox.net but find that things have changed in the procedures I used in the past for doing so but I can't get it added to Outlook. Cox Webmail shows I can receive email from any of my existing Outlook accounts and send email from Webmail.

Are there some special procedures for adding the account to Outlook?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Oct 25, 2018
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Cannot Add an email account to Outlook [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Oct 25, 2018
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 25, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Oct 25, 2018
  5. Zofra_A New Member
    Zofra_A, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Add an email account to Outlook - Similar Threads - Cannot Add email

2. Cannot access, sync or add my outlook emails to outlook app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access, sync or add my outlook emails to outlook app: So, a funny problem has arisen. It seems my outlook profile has become corrupt or something and "Microsoft Outlook cannot connect to Server".This is happening to my outlook emails. One cannot be synced anymore. "Need Password" message comes. But when I click there, or start...
  3. Cannot access, sync or add my outlook emails to outlook app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access, sync or add my outlook emails to outlook app: So, a funny problem has arisen. It seems my outlook profile has become corrupt or something and "Microsoft Outlook cannot connect to Server".This is happening to my outlook emails. One cannot be synced anymore. "Need Password" message comes. But when I click there, or start...
  4. Cannot add emails to outlook

Cannot add emails to outlook: Please reply why I cannot add other emails to outlook account? The one I am having problems with is imap.shaw.ca:993:1 Send me the steps to add the following to outlook: 1 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 2 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ***...
  5. Cannot Add Account Image In Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add Account Image In Outlook 365: I have been trying for a few days, but I cannot add an account image in Outlook 365. I get the following error. The photo couldn't be uploaded at this time. Please try again. [img] [img] 158627
  6. Cannot add a email account, calendar

Cannot add a email account, calendar: Hi I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not activated.Pls advise.Thanks...
  7. Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365: I had to delete and start fresh with my Outlook profile due to Dragon Medical Practice Edition corrupting my Outlook file. Long story... I was able to add my Outlook.com and one of my Exchange email accounts. However, I cannot add my health system's Exchange account. It...
  8. ADD AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT?

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADD AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT?: How can I set up an Outlook 2016 account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-an-outlook-account/a7062193-feba-4300-90df-db8ae7793084
  9. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  10. How to add another email account (Outlook Mail)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add another email account (Outlook Mail)?: I tried to add another email account but the system informs that I need to give account permission to sync or change password. I created an account at Gmail but cannot add it to my laptop because in the Calendar I receive an error message Ox80004005...