Windows 10: Cannot add another desktop

Discus and support Cannot add another desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10. When I go to 'task view' the add desktop+ is on the top (most instructions say its on the bottom). When I click on the add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pamela KKeyser, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Cannot add another desktop

I have windows 10.

When I go to 'task view' the add desktop+ is on the top (most instructions say its on the bottom). When I click on the add desktop+...

I get my present desktop duplicated, all icons and all.

The instructions say it ought to be blank. I'd like it to be blank.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

Pamela KKeyser, Feb 9, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 9, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Cannot add another desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Cannot add another desktop

1. Cannot add another desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot add another

2. add another language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add another language: i f i add Russian in settings as antoher languagee. WHERE and how does the keyboard appear? it is a touch onscreen keyboard.Since I'm on a laptop I don't understand where/what is the keyboad. Do you have a screenshot my chance of how this looks and is set up?I went on yutube...
  3. add another language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add another language: i f i add Russian in settings as antoher languagee. WHERE and how does the keyboard appear? it is a touch onscreen keyboard.Since I'm on a laptop I don't understand where/what is the keyboad. Do you have a screenshot my chance of how this looks and is set up?I went on yutube...
  4. Add Another Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add Another Account: Trying to add another account for family member on brand new laptop with WIN 10. when I do, it says: that it can not and to try later. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-another-account/932b1c42-200e-4691-a899-b7990c864152
  5. Cannot Add Another User--Windows 10 Home

Cannot Add Another User--Windows 10 Home: Windows 10 Home, updated to latest update. I want to set up a separate administrator account and change my own account to a standard user account. I go through Settings/Accounts/Family & other users/add someone else to this PC/I don't have this person's login...
  6. Desktop, cannot add new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop, cannot add new folder: Right click on desktop Move to "New Folder" Freezes up, cannot add a New Folder to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-cannot-add-new-folder/7f878ba3-b0f8-4a38-ac0b-460b1f960722
  7. Add to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add to desktop: How do I add something to my desktop in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-to-desktop/f98efdca-178a-4aff-94c7-5a07db826e69
  8. I cannot add another account to my Mail app.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot add another account to my Mail app.: I am trying to add another account to my Mail app. I have an Outlook account but when I try to add another one it informs that this account already exists and I finish the process....
  9. Cannot add another email address

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add another email address: Hi all,,I have not had this comp very long and I am trying to add another email address to windows 10 mail app. I have one which is******@outlook.com and is my Microsoft account, and another ********@btinternet.com, which both are working ok. I want another address not...
  10. Cannot add another User profile..

Cannot add another User profile..: I started a clean install yesterday and after today I am trying to install another user profile. I went to settings; Accounts; Family and other users; Add someone else to this PC; and all I get is "Something went wrong". Any ideas? 30055