Windows 10: Cannot add another email address

Discus and support Cannot add another email address in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all,,I have not had this comp very long and I am trying to add another email address to windows 10 mail app. I have one which is******@outlook.com... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by donnylad, Mar 10, 2018.

1. donnylad Win User

Cannot add another email address

Hi all,,I have not had this comp very long and I am trying to add another email address to windows 10 mail app.
    I have one which is******@outlook.com and is my Microsoft account, and another ********@btinternet.com,
    which both are working ok.
    I want another address not account to be ***********@outlook.com but I am having problems as it wants to set up an account not an address , can anyone help please, I have browsed the web for an answer even in here but no luck.
    Thanks
    Len

:)

donnylad, Mar 10, 2018
  2. Roy 59er Win User

How do I change the email associated with my Windows phone?

You should be able to add another email address by going to email and accounts under your settings and tap add an email address what happens when you try that?

Roy 59er, Mar 10, 2018
  3. Changing the email address on my Account

After three months of frustration, this is what I have learned about trying to "Create a new email address and add it as an alias" @outlook.com to existing account.

This is specific to trying to merge one outlook account (or email address at least) with another.

Error message returned "This email address is already taken. Please try another."

"You cannot add an alias that is already associated with another Microsoft account. Aliases cannot be used to share information between two Microsoft accounts. Existing @hotmail.com, @live.com, Outlook.com, and @msn.com addresses can't be added as aliases."
    Source: support.microsoft.com

So first you have to close one account before you can add it to the other.

"When you tap or click the Mark account for closure button, we wait 60 days before permanently deleting your Microsoft account in case you change your mind or need to access something on the account before it’s gone forever." Source: support.microsoft.com

You then have to wait another year (!) before you can reuse it. Source: chat with MS Support

So if you want to merge two MS account email address into one account, you have to wait 60+365=425 days.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

Philip.S.Laughter, Mar 10, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Use the People App for just Email addresses and/or other info. It is linked to the Mail App. Link is bottom left in the Mail App.
    People App > + > New Contact and add details.

Helmut, Mar 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot add another email address - Similar Threads - Cannot add another

2. I cannot add my email address to my account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot add my email address to my account: I got a new computer yesterday. I set it up and activated my account using my phone number, assuming it would let me add my email address later as i could not remember the password for my email.I cannot add my email address because it's associated with a microsoft account, I...
  3. Cannot add emails to outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add emails to outlook: Please reply why I cannot add other emails to outlook account? The one I am having problems with is imap.shaw.ca:993:1 Send me the steps to add the following to outlook: 1 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 2 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ***...
  4. Add hyperlink to email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add hyperlink to email address: Need to add hyperlink to email address RMC doesn't work on WordPad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-hyperlink-to-email-address/72d46eb2-c38e-49c3-8ab6-0c1cde406099
  5. how to change administrator email address to another

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change administrator email address to another: How do I change my administrator account to another email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-administrator-email-address-to/d4563f8c-821b-4a23-bf4e-ff332b6f5748
  6. Cannot add Microsoft account because "(email address) is already here."

Cannot add Microsoft account because "(email address) is already here.": Hello all, Somehow my computer login got associated with a different Microsoft account than the one I want to use (and that I think I was using originally.) So I switched to a local account then went back to sign in with Microsoft account and get the error "(email address)...
  7. Add Another Outlook.com email

Add Another Outlook.com email: I tried to add another Outlet.com email but it won't let me because I already have one and cannot be duplicated. The one I have registered is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I also want to add *** Email address is removed for privacy *** how do I do this without...
  8. Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias: I have been trying to add an email alias to my Microsoft account. Every time I try, I get an error message that says: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." The screen capture is below. This is...
  9. Cannot add another desktop

Cannot add another desktop: I have windows 10. When I go to 'task view' the add desktop+ is on the top (most instructions say its on the bottom). When I click on the add desktop+... I get my present desktop duplicated, all icons and all. The instructions say it ought to be blank. I'd like it to be...
  10. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...