Windows 10: cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240

Discus and support cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240. How can I fix this. [img] 8483 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ronaldo9r9, Jul 17, 2015.

1. cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240

I cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240. How can I fix this.

cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240 [​IMG]

:)

ronaldo9r9, Jul 17, 2015

2. Cannot add items to quick access menu on Windows 10.

Original Title: Cannot add items to quick access menu

(I have a Russian version so this will be with the best translation I can make)

No matter what item I pick (file, folder) and choose "add to quick menu" I get a message saying the address of this item and "already exist". For instance:

"C:....\home folder" already exist

All the while the quick access menu remains empty, with the usual "after you will open a few files they will appear here." message (loose translation from Russian). But no file has ever appeared in that list - ever, since I installed win 10 a few months
    ago.

Windows installs all the new updates as they come.

GeorgeKufman, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Cannot add items to quick access menu on Windows 10.

Hi George,

Thanks for updating status of the issue.

Glad to know your issue is resolved. We appreciate your time and effort spent in getting the issue resolved.

Write to us for further assistance regarding any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 17, 2015
  4. Scaevola Win User

cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240

I have the same problem in the final build and tried everything, but couldn't get it to work.

Scaevola, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240

1. cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240 - Similar Threads - cannot add anything

2. Can't pin anything to Quick Access Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin anything to Quick Access Windows 11: The Quick Access menu was working perfectly since I bought the computer 18 months ago, but after the last Windows 11 update November 2023 it disappeared, and I can't pin anything to it. The option is there in the context menu, but when I click on it, nothing happens. The...
  3. Can't pin anything to Quick Access Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin anything to Quick Access Windows 11: The Quick Access menu was working perfectly since I bought the computer 18 months ago, but after the last Windows 11 update November 2023 it disappeared, and I can't pin anything to it. The option is there in the context menu, but when I click on it, nothing happens. The...
  4. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access: I accidently deleted my desktop folder. I was able to restore it from the Recycle Bin. However, Desktop no longer appears as a Quick Access folder. When I right-click on Desktop and select 'Pin to Quick access' it does not get pinned....
  5. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access: I accidently deleted my desktop folder. I was able to restore it from the Recycle Bin. However, Desktop no longer appears as a Quick Access folder. When I right-click on Desktop and select 'Pin to Quick access' it does not get pinned....
  6. Quick Access cannot add files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access cannot add files: I cannot add files to quick access. Right-click, pin to quick access and nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-cannot-add-files/1e1c5a7b-9fda-4c55-b877-c4262f701bd1"
  7. Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access: I have a brand new PC with Windows 10 pro (17763). I can pin Desktop to Quick Access but I cannot drag and drop it to reorder it. I can drag and drop every other items in the list one by one (Documents, Downloads and some folders) to move Desktop all the way to the top....
  8. Access in file search, etc is anything but quick

Access in file search, etc is anything but quick: When opening the file search dialogue, and opening the files, or opening anything in Control Panel, while access should be 'quick' it is as slow as molasses. Get the green 'working' bar and it sets there with the little circle going around and around. This should be...
  9. Cannot access anything google

Cannot access anything google: This problem started only this morning, I am using a surface pro 4 with windows 10. I've attempted to reach youtube, google, and gmail and none seem to work. But everything else does work, like IGN, Facebook, and Microsoft.com. I've done a dns flush, I've reset the modem...
  10. Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?: Seems like only folders can be added to Quick Access but I'd like to pin a handful of files (Word docs) which I access frequently. Is there a way to do it? 45367