Windows 10: cannot add AOL account

Discus and support cannot add AOL account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have successfully added my gmail account yet cannot add aol. Aol is listed but not activated. Please help. Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MariaYounger, Dec 14, 2020.

1. cannot add AOL account

I have successfully added my gmail account yet cannot add aol. Aol is listed but not activated. Please help. Thank you

:)

MariaYounger, Dec 14, 2020

2. Outlook trouble in Windows 10 handling AOL email

Hi Dave,

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail App?
    • If yes, then is that an additional account?

If your AOL is an additional account in Windows 10 Mail App, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior. And if your AOL is primary a account, please get back to us for further assistance.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Thank you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    AOL Gold Problem - Delayed Sign On

Sorry, by mistake I deleted my last post saying I would get back tomorrow. Also, sorry about the confusion of my post on V2 and signing onto AOL.. I am now able to access AOL in Clean Boot mode using the AOL icon from my desktop.

Here is V2 (I hope) in Clean Boot mode.

DESKTOP-I57DH7V-(2020-06-03_05-59-36).zip

I will monitor AOL in Clean Boot mode and get back.

Jerry

- - - Updated - - -

I performed the steps as previously noted.

Here are the results.

1. There was still a delay in AOL responding.
    2. I did the Clean Boot process a number of times, mainly because I was not sure about the Clean Boot last step to restart the computer. So, I did Clean Boot both ways – Restart and Not Restart.

Now here is the big one.

During my last Clean Boot, I tried to log onto my AOL account. And, for some reason, my screen froze. I could not log on. Therefore, I could not supply screenshots of my Clean Boot process or respond to you in the Clean Boot mode. I hesitate to try the Clean Boot process again.

After I get your response, I have some follow-up questions.

Jerry

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to try again with a Clean Boot for this reason. I may have taken an unnecessary step.
    Brink’s instructions were for me to sign in as an Administrator. So, I created another Administrator only account and did all my tests within that account. I did not realize my Microsoft account had me listed as an Administrator. I’m sure that contributed to my confusing email I previously sent.
    I will get back after doing a Clean Boot within my Microsoft account with what I find. However, I am still confused about Brink’s Clean Boot instructions. The last step says to Restart the computer. Another post said to choose “Exit without restart.”
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Mark_W. Win User

cannot add AOL account

AOL mail

Hello MartyXF:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having with your AOL account on your Windows Phone 7. At this point there has not been a lot of detail provided regarding the issue you are experiencing. With that said I am providing you
    some basic troubleshooting steps and a couple links to other threads about issues that seem to be similar to what you are describing.

The first thing I would suggest you do is go to the phone and tap settings > time + date > turn off automatically set > set the time, date and time zone manually. Once this is done, go back to settings and tap on emails + accounts. Tap and hold the AOL
    account and sync.

If you still cannot get the account to sync the next thing I would suggest you do is delete the account from your phone and try re-adding it to the phone. You can do this by going to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold the account > select delete
    > tap add account > select other account > enter the AOL account details.

If the issue continues please review the following threads to see if the steps in these help.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

cannot add AOL account

1. cannot add AOL account - Similar Threads - cannot add AOL

2. cannot add child to account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add child to account: my child's account shows that he is connected to a family under my name. but does not show under my account. microsoft support cannot help me by even removing him from the family that he is in because i cannot give them the email address that it's showing he's connected to. i...
  3. Add a AOL email account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add a AOL email account to Windows 10: How to add an AOL email account to Windows 10. Continuously get "Fix account, need to update password". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-aol-email-account-to-windows-10/a5218c38-20f4-494a-a65c-5f5532ec2525
  4. cannot add accounts

cannot add accounts: Nothing really new here, as this has been an issue since 10 was released. Trying to add three Microsoft accounts to native mail app, but never allows me to. Could Outlook the big boy program be the cause? You wouldn't think so, since they are all Microsoft, but since it is...
  5. aol mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    aol mail account: I cannot access my aol email account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-account/0db8278e-cfec-4c46-8e17-2f3cb8b505a6
  6. How to add two AOL email accounts to microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add two AOL email accounts to microsoft Mail: I have been trying to add two AOL email accounts wo Windows Mail. First was accepted but, second was not and I keep getting site notice to update account which I do to no avail....
  7. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  8. Cannot add an account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot add an account: I cannot enter a year of birth. The drop down won't take it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-account/35da47ca-87be-4d77-be5e-6c176ee99919"
  9. Cannot add account to calendar

Cannot add account to calendar: I am trying to add a Google account to sync my calendar but Windows 10 Calendar program gets stuck on "Creating account" once I enter my Google account information and accept the intrusive permissions. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account

Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account: AOL Mail stopped receiving emails on 8/4/18. Went to my account - Mail - then tried to click on my AOL Mail account it would not open for me to see if there were any issues. Next I contacted Microsoft Support and they scanned all system files & drivers and was not able...