Windows 10: Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain

Discus and support Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there, I've been happily using MS Family for both of my children for years now. It's the best parental control system I've found, so well done MS... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Arj_66, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Arj_66 Win User

Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain

Hi there,

I've been happily using MS Family for both of my children for years now. It's the best parental control system I've found, so well done MS on that front.

My eldest child has now entered high school and has been given a school laptop. They have full admin rights on the machine, and their username is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

What I want to do is to add their new account/device to our existing Family so that I can continue using parental controls as we do now. I don't want to simply add their existing MS account to the device as there is nothing stopping themas far as I know from simply logging in with their school account and having unrestricted access.

I tried adding their school email address to our Family as a new child, but I'm getting an error saying something like "school accounts are not supported". Is this true? And if so, why???

More importantly, what options do I have for adding their new device/account to our Family so that I can enable our current parental controls?

Thanks,

Arj

:)

Arj_66, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Child's account history not showing up in Microsoft Family Safety

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue persists? Since doing the steps provided on the link didn't help you resolve your concern, we would suggest you to recreate your son's account on the Alienware computer. To
    do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other
      users
    • Click Sign in with
      a local account instead
      (to convert her account to a local account).
    • After doing so, delete the local account. To delete a local account, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Go to Settings.
      • Click Accounts.
      • Click Family and other
        users
      • Click the local account and then, click Remove.
      • A new window will open, click Delete account and data.
    • After deleting the local account, re-link the Microsoft account of your son as a user, then add it to your family.

For more information on how to add a child account to your family, kindly click
    this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain

1. Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain - Similar Threads - Cannot add child

2. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  3. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  4. Can not add childs account to family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not add childs account to family: Hello,I already contacted support but was redirected here. I can not add my child's account to family. After giving adult consent I get an error message in my language saying "something is not working, the problem is on our end, not on yours". I tried different devices and...
  5. Can not add childs account to family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not add childs account to family: Hello,I already contacted support but was redirected here. I can not add my child's account to family. After giving adult consent I get an error message in my language saying "something is not working, the problem is on our end, not on yours". I tried different devices and...
  6. Can not add childs account to family

7. cannot add child to account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot add child to account: my child's account shows that he is connected to a family under my name. but does not show under my account. microsoft support cannot help me by even removing him from the family that he is in because i cannot give them the email address that it's showing he's connected to. i...
  8. cannot add child to account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot add child to account: my child's account shows that he is connected to a family under my name. but does not show under my account. microsoft support cannot help me by even removing him from the family that he is in because i cannot give them the email address that it's showing he's connected to. i...
  9. cannot add child to account

10. Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store: How to: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store How to Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child to Shop at Microsoft Store One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family...