Windows 10: Cannot add email accounts

Discus and support Cannot add email accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carlosalot, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Cannot add email accounts

Hi

I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options.

I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any ideas ?

thanks, Carl

:)

Carlosalot, Jan 17, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 17, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Cannot add email accounts

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot add email accounts

1. Cannot add email accounts - Similar Threads - Cannot add email

2. Cannot add emails to Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add emails to Windows: Hello, I bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 5 laptop and with pre-installed Windows, so I wanted to set my Outlook account, but I can't do it. When I go to Settings -> Emails and accounts ->Add an account, some loader shows and that's it. I cant log in even via MS Edge. I tried...
  3. Cannot add emails to outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add emails to outlook: Please reply why I cannot add other emails to outlook account? The one I am having problems with is imap.shaw.ca:993:1 Send me the steps to add the following to outlook: 1 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 2 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ***...
  4. cannot add accounts

cannot add accounts: Nothing really new here, as this has been an issue since 10 was released. Trying to add three Microsoft accounts to native mail app, but never allows me to. Could Outlook the big boy program be the cause? You wouldn't think so, since they are all Microsoft, but since it is...
  5. Cannot add a email account, calendar

Cannot add a email account, calendar: Hi I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not activated.Pls advise.Thanks...
  6. Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias: I have been trying to add an email alias to my Microsoft account. Every time I try, I get an error message that says: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." The screen capture is below. This is...
  7. Cannot add an account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot add an account: I cannot enter a year of birth. The drop down won't take it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-account/35da47ca-87be-4d77-be5e-6c176ee99919"
  8. Cannot Add an email account to Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add an email account to Outlook: I have used Outlook under Office 365 for years with little or no troubles. However, now I am trying to add a new POP email account from Cox.net but find that things have changed in the procedures I used in the past for doing so but I can't get it added to Outlook. Cox Webmail...
  9. Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10: I have my hotmail account associated with Mail app in windows 10. I want to add my gmail account to Mail app but I just can't do it. When I click in Add an account in Mail app, nothing happens. I tried to click on Add an account in Settings --> Your email account, but nothing...
  10. Cannot add secondary email.

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add secondary email.: Ok as I cannot find if I have posted before like listing subscriptions I will have to post now so sorry if I have down so in the past. I have my main email set in outlook.live.com using hotmail. Now in 7 and 10 now I am having the greatest of difficulty in adding my...