Windows 10: Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

Discus and support Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by IMayNeed, Feb 17, 2021.

1. IMayNeed Win User

Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

Hello.
    First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer.
    I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers.

I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the drag and drop section of customize toolbar menu.

Does Firefox have an add to toolbar function somewhere or once an item is removed from toolbar, it cannot be added to toolbar ever again in the year 2021?

I guess, you can recreate the issue, by adding n add-on, removing from toolbar, where you don't see it even in the drag section of the customize toolbar section and try to add it to toolbar again.

Thanks.

:)

IMayNeed, Feb 17, 2021
  2. IMayNeed Win User

Hello.
    First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer.
    I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers.

I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the drag and drop section of customize toolbar menu.

Does Firefox have an add to toolbar function somewhere or once an item is removed from toolbar, it cannot be added to toolbar ever again in the year 2021?

I guess, you can recreate the issue, by adding n add-on, removing from toolbar, where you don't see it even in the drag section of the customize toolbar section and try to add it to toolbar again.

Thanks.

IMayNeed, Feb 17, 2021
  3. IMayNeed Win User

Same version.
    I cannot try adding in any profile, because I cannot see an 'add to toolbar' or 'add to overflow' menu anywhere.
    Once it is removed from all 3 locations shown in the image, it cannot be added again.
    Try removing an add-on from toolbar, overflow, and the customize menu.
    It cannot be added again.
    Try recreating the problem, and see.

P.S.: I accept the possibility that I am missing something. And I did try the new profile.

Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow firefox.jpg

IMayNeed, Feb 17, 2021
  4. IMayNeed Win User

Video DownloadHelper – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-US)

P.S.: Uninstall, re-install helped on this one. And the other one apparently didn't show because it shows on webpage only, it didn't have show on toolbar option in the add-on so as I said in my post
    , I was missing something. It wasn't Firefox.

*Doh*Doh*Doh*Redface*Redface*Redface

IMayNeed, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow - Similar Threads - Cannot Add Firefox

2. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  3. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  4. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ADD ONS

6. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  7. Firefox And Add ons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Add ons: I must admit Firefox has improved dramatically in the centuries since I last used it. However, I have installed add on FVD Speed dial (better than Vivaldi or Opera) and after a false start uninstall and reinstall, got it sorted and would like to ask now if: There is any way...
  8. Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. If you like, you can add or remove items for the toolbar and overflow menu to customize the toolbar how you...
  9. The Future of Developing Firefox Add-ons

in Windows 10 News
    The Future of Developing Firefox Add-ons: Today we are announcing some major upcoming changes to Firefox add-ons. Our add-on ecosystem has evolved through incremental, organic growth over the years, but there are some modernizations to Firefox that require some foundational changes to support: Taking advantage of...
  10. Firefox Add-ons attacked

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Add-ons attacked: NoScript and other popular Firefox add-ons open millions to new attack | Ars Technica 46530