Windows 10: Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

Discus and support Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all.. In Windows Mail, Calendar, or when trying to add a calendar to Cortana, selecting Google as the account type brings up a windows that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WLagrue, Sep 12, 2018.

1. WLagrue Win User

Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

Hi all..

In Windows Mail, Calendar, or when trying to add a calendar to Cortana, selecting Google as the account type brings up a windows that says 'Creating Account', the little busy thing spins across (see image) and then it drops back to the select account type box (Outlook, Exchange, Google, Yahoo etc) and does not give me a chance to enter any more info (username and password)

Selecting Yahoo! as the provider also has the same problem.

Anyone else have this issue?

Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana bf20edc9-e4d9-40d6-a76c-d28441112c6d?upload=true.jpg

:)

WLagrue, Sep 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 Calendar won't display Yahoo Calendar events, but Yahoo e-mail works fine.

Hi Angela,

I deleted my Yahoo e-mail account, restarted Windows 10, add Yahoo e-mail account.

My Yahoo e-mail is working fine,

My Yahoo Calendar does not appear as a "Calendar" in the Windows 10 Calendar app, nor are any Yahoo Calendar events appearing in the Windows 10 Calendar app.

Any other ideas?

John Hawk

jhawk95337, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Calendar won't display Yahoo Calendar events, but Yahoo e-mail works fine.

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you delete your account in Mail app and then add it back. To delete your account, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Settings in Cortana, the search box on the task bar.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click on your account under Email, calendar, and contacts section.
    • Select Manage.
    • Click Delete Account.

To add your account, you have to go to Accounts area again in Settings. Click
    Add an account
    under Email, calendar, and contacts section, then select Yahoo! Mail from the options and start adding it.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

1. Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana - Similar Threads - Cannot add Google

2. Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail: I am trying to add my Yahoo email account to the Windows 10 mail app. I go into 'Manage Accounts' and click the 'Add Account' option.I receive the pop up window to add account. I select 'Yahoo!'.The 'Connecting to a service' window opens - showing the Yahoo! sign in window.I...
  3. Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account": I am trying to add my google calendar into windows 10 calendar. I add my google email and password and agree to the terms and then the application just gets completely stuck at Add an account "creating account". I uninstalled the windows 10 calendar app and still get the same...
  4. Google account not working in Mails and Calendar

Google account not working in Mails and Calendar: I have a Google account I want to use in the Mail and Calendar App. I can add it, but it doesn't work. In the Mails, no emails will sync. In the Calendar, there is no item under this account, which is not possible as shown in the screen shot. The account adding process goes...
  5. Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App

Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App: I have tried adding my Yahoo account to my Microsoft Mail. I can add GMail and Hotmail but not Yahoo, receiving this error message. [ATTACH] I also tried adding it as an "other account" but am unable to do so. I have reset the Mail app in settings and cleared the...
  6. Cannot add account to calendar

Cannot add account to calendar: I am trying to add a Google account to sync my calendar but Windows 10 Calendar program gets stuck on "Creating account" once I enter my Google account information and accept the intrusive permissions. [ATTACH]...
  7. Cortana and Google calendar

in Cortana
    Cortana and Google calendar: just started using Cortana yesterday and have a question. Once I speak a command to Cortana and confirm that my reminder is correct, do I need to shut down my computer and then reopen it for the remi der to show up on my Google calendar? Or do I just need to give it time to...
  8. Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo

Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo: Hi All I'm trying to add my Google account to Win 10 Calendar, as I wan't to use my Google calender. Whenever I go to add an account, I get the "Add an Account" popup with Exchange, Google, Yahoo, iCloud etc. If I select Google, I get the "creating account" popup (see pic),...
  9. Mail/Calendar: non-Gmail w/ Google Calendar, have to add account twice

in Browsers and Email
    Mail/Calendar: non-Gmail w/ Google Calendar, have to add account twice: Hi, I have a GMX e-mail address which I added as an "other" account in the Mail app. However, I also have a Google Calendar connected to this account. As an "other" account, I cannot see my Google calendar in the calendar app. If I add the account as a "Google" account,...
  10. Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App: I am logged in to my Microsoft Account and am trying to add an email account to the Mail app by following Brink's tutorial Mail app - Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. When I get to step 9 and enter an email address and password, I get a message saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cortina why wont windows accept my Google account

2. how to resolve yahoo calendar error code 1111

3. Google account cant be added to cortana windows 10