Windows 10: Cannot add Google to Windows Mail

Discus and support Cannot add Google to Windows Mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently bought a Surface book 2 and my Windows 10 is brand new. Unfortunately I cannot add my Gmail account to WIndows Mail and I keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stefano252525, May 29, 2019.

1. Cannot add Google to Windows Mail

I have recently bought a Surface book 2 and my Windows 10 is brand new. Unfortunately I cannot add my Gmail account to WIndows Mail and I keep getting error: 0x8007042b.

I have already looked up and tried different potential solutions from this forum or Google but nothing helps. Does anybody know how to fix this? It is a bit hilarious that a clean system has this type of issues.

Cheers,

Stefano

:)

stefano252525, May 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot add Google to Windows Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 29, 2019
  3. peerv Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, May 29, 2019
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

Cannot add Google to Windows Mail

google mail

Hi jaykay42,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand you're running in to some issues syncing with your Google Mail account where you're only able to sync around 400 older, archived emails. Can you please let me know how old these emails are? What
    is the date for the most recent one?

The page located at
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp7/people/sync-google-email-contacts-and-calendars-faq
    contains the basics for setting up your Google email, contacts, and calendars for syncing with Windows Phone. It may be a good idea to have a look there to
    start and see if any of the listed steps help to clear any issues up.

Some other possibilities for a resolution will include disabling the mail sync for your Google Mail account under
    settings > system > email + accounts and enabling it again, or trying a soft reset of your phone by removing the battery for a few minutes (if possible).

Please let me know any additional details you're able to find out and let me know also if any of my other suggestions were able to clear the issue up.

Regards,

Nate W.H., May 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot add Google to Windows Mail

1. Cannot add Google to Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Cannot add Google

2. Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.: If I add as Office 365 mail after add I will get a password out of date message, after I fix the account it happens again and again. I have checked all email passwords and the are correct. I can manually add but then, no incoming or out going mail will show in the windows...
  3. Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.: If I add as Office 365 mail after add I will get a password out of date message, after I fix the account it happens again and again. I have checked all email passwords and the are correct. I can manually add but then, no incoming or out going mail will show in the windows...
  4. Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app

Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app: I left it running for two hours and got no messages. Had to force close Mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-imap-account-in-windows-mail-app/adf62488-ba04-451e-ab52-aa5f6d63b7de
  5. Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail

Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail: A family member is saying that on occasion when sending mail using Windows 10 mail the email goes into the Spam folder and not the Sent mail folder. It is a Google mail address which is used. I have checked that Google IMAP is enabled and checked all the settings in Windows...
  6. Google Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Mail: I cannot get my G Mail opened it keeps saying This page isn’t working mail.google.com redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS I have done what the page tells me to do this is work email and I can pull it up on yahoo but not G...
  7. Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo

Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo: Hi All I'm trying to add my Google account to Win 10 Calendar, as I wan't to use my Google calender. Whenever I go to add an account, I get the "Add an Account" popup with Exchange, Google, Yahoo, iCloud etc. If I select Google, I get the "creating account" popup (see pic),...
  8. Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana: Hi all.. In Windows Mail, Calendar, or when trying to add a calendar to Cortana, selecting Google as the account type brings up a windows that says 'Creating Account', the little busy thing spins across (see image) and then it drops back to the select account type box...
  9. Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account

Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account: AOL Mail stopped receiving emails on 8/4/18. Went to my account - Mail - then tried to click on my AOL Mail account it would not open for me to see if there were any issues. Next I contacted Microsoft Support and they scanned all system files & drivers and was not able...
  10. Trying to add Google mail to Mail and get error 0x80040154

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to add Google mail to Mail and get error 0x80040154: I'm trying to add a google account to Mail and when I choose Google I get the message, 'something went wrong error 0x80040154' Has anyone had any success getting this feature to work? Or has anyone else found a way to solve this error? Since posting this I did read a...