Windows 10: Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING...

Discus and support Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, New W10 user here, still learning/busy with the installing processes and procedures. Not easy... What goes wrong (and went ok in W7) is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wimyogya, Nov 28, 2018.

1. wimyogya Win User

Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING...

Hello,

New W10 user here, still learning/busy with the installing processes and procedures.
    Not easy...
    What goes wrong (and went ok in W7) is: attaching various locations to my various libraries: movies, my own videos, mail, my musicbee collection etc.
    If I right-click on the library the properties box opens, with an empty box and by clicking ADD i should be able to add the appropriate folder - or more than one.
    But...
    Everytime I try to do that W10 starts a never-ending search: Verfifying Location > 'Checking to see if this location is indexed'. My most recent add-attempt is now already verifying for 2,5hours.
    I have checked the Windows Search service - and it says it is working/indexing.

So?
    What is wrong?
    And what is the solution?

Thanks,
    Wim

:)

wimyogya, Nov 28, 2018

2. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING...

1.63 gb in empty photos app

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Is there any hidden files and folders in photo app?
    This issue could be caused due to a corrupted system file. I would suggest you try these steps and check:

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING...

1. Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING... - Similar Threads - Cannot add LOCATIONS

2. Cannot add an account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot add an account: I cannot enter a year of birth. The drop down won't take it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-account/35da47ca-87be-4d77-be5e-6c176ee99919"
  3. Add an option in Groove to delete individual songs from My Music Library

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add an option in Groove to delete individual songs from My Music Library: hi; i am unable to find option to delete certain songs from Groove My Music Library. Actually i want some music files not to show up in My Music Library but still being there on hard disk....
  4. Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder: The first clue that I have an issue. After doing a backup, the error log said "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file D:\Documents\Pictures. Error*SadSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))"The Pictures Library contains a folder pointing to D:\Documents\Pictures, however,...
  5. Redirecting location of libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Redirecting location of libraries: I installed my SS, put OS on it. Now I need my HDD to contain the libraries: pictures, documents, videos etc... I need a tutorial on that. 90134
  6. Domain User losing libraries, "location not available"

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain User losing libraries, "location not available": Hi Ten Forums, User reported the issue via Skype after failing to open an excel spreadsheet from a network drive and moments later clarified their windows libraries (i.e. Downloads, Documents, ..) vanished. They recently have been moved onto a Windows 10 box from Windows...
  7. Changing library location changes all other libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing library location changes all other libraries: My downloads, documents, videos, desktop library folders are labeled as Documents and when I change one of the locations they all change. 53948
  8. Setting default locations for libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default locations for libraries: Hi, I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one. These are my drives: [img] I want the libraries on (G:) instead of (C:). [img] I went onto...
  9. Library adds onedrive automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Library adds onedrive automatically: Hello everyone. I have my pictures, documents, music and videos organised on a seperate HDD and added them to the Librarys so that I get rid of these annoying folders which several programs add to documents/pictures in the User-Folder. Now with Windows 10 I have got the...
  10. Can't add a directory to a library

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't add a directory to a library: Hi, I keep all my videos on a separate HD. I tried to add the folder of these movies to the default videos directory, but my instruction hasn't been honored. I got no error message or any other response. Why is it so? How can I solve this nuisance? 77538