Windows 10: Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING...

Discus and support Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, New W10 user here, still learning/busy with the installing processes and procedures. Not easy... What goes wrong (and went ok in W7) is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wimyogya, Nov 28, 2018.

1. wimyogya Win User

Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING...

Hello,

New W10 user here, still learning/busy with the installing processes and procedures.
    Not easy...
    What goes wrong (and went ok in W7) is: attaching various locations to my various libraries: movies, my own videos, mail, my musicbee collection etc.
    If I right-click on the library the properties box opens, with an empty box and by clicking ADD i should be able to add the appropriate folder - or more than one.
    But...
    Everytime I try to do that W10 starts a never-ending search: Verfifying Location > 'Checking to see if this location is indexed'. My most recent add-attempt is now already verifying for 2,5hours.
    I have checked the Windows Search service - and it says it is working/indexing.

So?
    What is wrong?
    And what is the solution?

Thanks,
    Wim

:)

wimyogya, Nov 28, 2018

2. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING...

1.63 gb in empty photos app

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Is there any hidden files and folders in photo app?
    This issue could be caused due to a corrupted system file. I would suggest you try these steps and check:

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING...

1. Cannot add LOCATIONS to my LIBRARIES due to endless VERIFYING... - Similar Threads - Cannot add LOCATIONS

2. Windows Media Player Crashing on trying to Add Music Library Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Crashing on trying to Add Music Library Location: -When I go to Settings > Music Library Locations > Add Folder > Select music folder that is a Google Drive folder, but the files are Stored Offline in the computer, Windows Media Player crashes instantly-I used Windows Media Player doing this process above for months and it...
  3. Windows Media Player Crashing on trying to Add Music Library Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Crashing on trying to Add Music Library Location: -When I go to Settings > Music Library Locations > Add Folder > Select music folder that is a Google Drive folder, but the files are Stored Offline in the computer, Windows Media Player crashes instantly-I used Windows Media Player doing this process above for months and it...
  4. Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode: Hi, everyone, In search of a problem that was causing Win 10 to lock up on my XPS13 9343, I enabled driver verifier. Predictably, this is now generating BSODs. This is the expected diagnostic behavior, I gather. The problem is, I have not been able to to get into Windows in...
  5. verifying my location

in Windows 10 Customization
    verifying my location: cant verify my location with geo something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verifying-my-location/78e3d521-1391-44b8-a2ee-188061a3ce6d
  6. Cannot locate the microsoft visual foxpro support library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot locate the microsoft visual foxpro support library: Hello, I am trying to open up a program and the message says, Cannot locate the microsoft visual foxpro support library. I searched and added few files in the program still did not work. Not sure if someone help me or suggestions Thank You !...
  7. Can we add network locations to a Windows 10 Library?

Can we add network locations to a Windows 10 Library?: I have a client who wants me to set this up but I cannot find a way to make it work; He's replaced the machine where the data is stored, and has a new user profile; I mention that because he DID have libraries setup on the old user profile to the old machine that included...
  8. Default Library location

Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  9. Verify file location

Verify file location: Whenever I go to make a new folder, for example, on my desktop or inside another folder, it says "This is no longer located in C:/Users/name. Verify the items location and try again. It even says tis when I try to delete some things....
  10. Redirecting location of libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Redirecting location of libraries: I installed my SS, put OS on it. Now I need my HDD to contain the libraries: pictures, documents, videos etc... I need a tutorial on that. 90134