Windows 10: Cannot add Microsoft account because "(email address) is already here."

Discus and support Cannot add Microsoft account because "(email address) is already here." in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, Somehow my computer login got associated with a different Microsoft account than the one I want to use (and that I think I was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rossputin, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Rossputin Win User

Cannot add Microsoft account because "(email address) is already here."

Hello all,

Somehow my computer login got associated with a different Microsoft account than the one I want to use (and that I think I was using originally.) So I switched to a local account then went back to sign in with Microsoft account and get the error "(email address) is here already. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here."

The steps I've tried so far with the Microsoft account's email address:

Deleted saved login registry (HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/software/Microsoft/IdentityCRL/StoredIdentities)

Removed or renamed all other registry mentions of email address. (That didn't help so I restored one registry entry related to unread Thunderbird email.)

Changed security policy re Block Microsoft Accounts to disabled

Removed account from Microsoft Family group (didn't help so I added back.)

Removed all other users from computer user settings. There are no user folders other than Default, Public, and the current user.

Deleted profile entry in registry for prior account that had the account display name which was the same as the email address (an account I created while trying to solve the problem.) Deleted Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-3363597088-1281597286-3602940714-1008

Removed account from Outlook

Removed account from Microsoft Store

In settings/email & accounts there are no accounts listed

I've been working on this for many hours with no success...any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ross

Windows 10 Home Version 1809

64-bit

:)

Rossputin, Nov 30, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    change email address for Microsoft account

Hi Keith,

To better understand the concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Are you trying to change the email address while retaining the information you have on the Microsoft account?
    • On which Microsoft platform are you trying to change your email address (Xbox account, Outlook account, Community Forum)?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Tetsujin Win User

How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot add Microsoft account because "(email address) is already here." - Similar Threads - Cannot add Microsoft

2. Email is already here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email is already here: I was just messig around and removed my microsoft account for no reason. But then I decided to put it back but when i tred it said that the email was already being used by another user but there is no other user. Then I also tried removeing all ther other accounts in Setting...
  3. Email is already here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email is already here: I was just messig around and removed my microsoft account for no reason. But then I decided to put it back but when i tred it said that the email was already being used by another user but there is no other user. Then I also tried removeing all ther other accounts in Setting...
  4. Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...: hi everyone,i wanted to add my microsoft account to my Win 10 Laptop, but while adding it says that it is used by another user here, in short, It's already here. i have removed all accounts from the laptop , but still getting the same message, and i have tried the solution...
  5. Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...: hi everyone,i wanted to add my microsoft account to my Win 10 Laptop, but while adding it says that it is used by another user here, in short, It's already here. i have removed all accounts from the laptop , but still getting the same message, and i have tried the solution...
  6. Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I cannot add my email address to my account

I cannot add my email address to my account: I got a new computer yesterday. I set it up and activated my account using my phone number, assuming it would let me add my email address later as i could not remember the password for my email.I cannot add my email address because it's associated with a microsoft account, I...
  8. Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already'

Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already': Hello, I linked my Microsoft account to an admin account on Windows, and then removed it. I shifted over to a new user profile and have tried to link to Microsoft, but I always get the message that the email is 'here already' even though I have deleted the old user account...
  9. Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias: I have been trying to add an email alias to my Microsoft account. Every time I try, I get an error message that says: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." The screen capture is below. This is...
  10. Cannot add another email address

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add another email address: Hi all,,I have not had this comp very long and I am trying to add another email address to windows 10 mail app. I have one which is******@outlook.com and is my Microsoft account, and another ********@btinternet.com, which both are working ok. I want another address not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. already here microsoft account

2. microsoft account user already here

3. swagbucks an account already exists with this email address.2020 mse

4. microsoft account already here,
  5. this microsoft account is already here windows,
  6. microsoft account here already,
  7. account already here,
  8. trying to add additional alias to microsoft account but it states email address already exists,
  9. [Email Address] is here already,
  10. email address ishere already xboxx