Windows 10: Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc

Discus and support Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. I realized that my user name didn't changed after signing in to a windows pc. so I tried to remove and add it again. unfortunately, I was greeted... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by maki palino, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc

Hi.

I realized that my user name didn't changed after signing in to a windows pc. so I tried to remove and add it again. unfortunately, I was greeted with this error in my screen. i hope that anyone can help me to fix this issue. Im using windows 10 pro as a fresh installed copy.

Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc 2c31725d-5952-4c0a-92e5-3572d479844f?upload=true.png

:)

maki palino, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc :(

Zakin, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc

1. Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc - Similar Threads - Cannot add microsoft

2. Window 10, cannot add local account, cannot remove deleted Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10, cannot add local account, cannot remove deleted Microsoft account: Hi, asking regarding on windows 10. I use my university Microsoft account only no local account on my laptop and now it's already deleted. I was trying to create icon of recycle bin on desktop, trying using wallpaper setting and CMD method. I noticed CMD prompt denial but I...
  3. Window 10, cannot add local account, cannot remove deleted Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10, cannot add local account, cannot remove deleted Microsoft account: Hi, asking regarding on windows 10. I use my university Microsoft account only no local account on my laptop and now it's already deleted. I was trying to create icon of recycle bin on desktop, trying using wallpaper setting and CMD method. I noticed CMD prompt denial but I...
  4. Microsoft account add device PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account add device PC?: I purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition for my son and want to install it on his new gaming laptop. I do not see his laptop listed in the devices registered to the Microsoft account. Every link I try that should lead me to adding the device to the account, only gives the...
  5. Windows 10 - unable to add a Microsoft account to my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - unable to add a Microsoft account to my PC: Hi, My name is Thierry Lergenmuller France and I encounter a problem. Before the problem I used two Microsoft accounts on my PC P10 Pro 64 bits, one *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for daily activities and a second one *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Cannot add a Microsoft account to Windows 10

Cannot add a Microsoft account to Windows 10: Hi, Five days ago, I have upgraded a Windows 8.1 computer with a legitimate license from a box I purchased in 2013 to Windows 10 and I chose the option to keep programs and user documents. It was not a clean installation as I've had this laptop for 9 years now and it's...
  7. Cannot add accounts or Sign in with Microsoft account instead

Cannot add accounts or Sign in with Microsoft account instead: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a local account. I need to add an additional account. When I try to add an account I get a popup that says "Search for app in the Store?". I get the same popup when I click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" on the Your info screen...
  8. Cannot add pc to child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add pc to child account: I have 2 child accounts in my MS account family. It was working fine the past several days after setting it up. Today, 1 of the child accounts showed a warning saying that the device could not apply family management settings until the child account logged back into the PC....
  9. cannot add accounts

cannot add accounts: Nothing really new here, as this has been an issue since 10 was released. Trying to add three Microsoft accounts to native mail app, but never allows me to. Could Outlook the big boy program be the cause? You wouldn't think so, since they are all Microsoft, but since it is...
  10. Microsoft To Do - Cannot Add Account

Microsoft To Do - Cannot Add Account: I use two email accounts in Outlook. I want to be able to flag email and manage them with To Do, but I cannot. I searched for how to use multiple accounts and followed the instructions below but it is not working . Using multiple accounts with Microsoft To Do Microsoft To...