Windows 10: Cannot add money to family members account

Discus and support Cannot add money to family members account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; "Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out." This is the message that I get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by George Hendrickson, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Cannot add money to family members account

"Contact us at Microsoft support
    We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out."

This is the message that I get when trying to add money to my sons account. I've read through the various forums and cannot find a decent response anywhere, apart from lots of annoyed people..

I have changed payment types, region, tried my partners log in, nothing works...

Also tried to find someone to contact at Microsoft. mmmm

Any ideas?

:)

George Hendrickson, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 13, 2020
  3. deepak557 Win User
    Unable to add money to family members on Windows 10.

Original Title: not able to add money to family members

Hello last from last six month I am using windows 10. from the last month patch I am not able to add money to my family members.

deepak557, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Cannot add money to family members account

Unable to add money to family members on Windows 10.

Hi Deepak,

The above issue might occur due to certain changes in the family safety settings or if the account component is missing or corrupted on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• When you say “not able to add money to my family members”, are you referring to Family safety settings?
    • When you say “from the last month patch”, are you referring to updates installed on the computer?
    • Do you get any error code or error message on performing the action?
    • Are you logging in using Microsoft credentials on the computer?

Method 1: If you are logging in using Microsoft account credentials on the computer, run
    Microsoft account troubleshooter and check for any missing/corrupted
    account components which might be causing the above issue.

Running the Microsoft Account troubleshooter will check if there is any corruption in the Microsoft account you are trying to login or sync with and will correct the corrupted parameters on the PC.

Method 2: If the issue persists, convert the current user account to
    Local user account and then revert to Microsoft account by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: To convert to local account.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open system
      Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts, click on
      sign in with a local account instead option.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password and click on Next.
    • Type the Password, and Password Hint that you want set for the local account and click
      Next.
    • Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    • Login to check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: To switch to Microsoft account.

• On the newly converted Local user account, press
      Windows logo + I
      keys on the keyboard to open Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on
      sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
    • Enter the new Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with answers to the above questions and the status of not able to add money to family members on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Cannot add money to family members account

1. Cannot add money to family members account - Similar Threads - Cannot add money

2. Cannot add money to my Son's family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add money to my Son's family account: I get the following error Teg8lgZR60GlYvXW.9.446 2024/02/23 - 13:48:30 UTC when trying to add money to my son's family account. How do I solve this?...
  3. Cannot add money to my Son's family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add money to my Son's family account: I get the following error Teg8lgZR60GlYvXW.9.446 2024/02/23 - 13:48:30 UTC when trying to add money to my son's family account. How do I solve this?...
  4. Where to add family members

Where to add family members: Where can I add my family members* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-add-family-members/3ce87c59-0e20-4d03-87e2-ae8c85c11291
  5. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  6. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  7. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  9. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  10. Cannot add money to a family member.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add money to a family member.: After selecting the amount to be added to the account, and the method of payment I get the below message: I've tried different browsers, IE, Chrome, Microsoft Edge New and they all give same error. Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...