Windows 10: Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

Discus and support Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi,The problem starts with my son's account has disconnected from the Microsoft family safety app and screen was timing out at the middle of his remote... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by hasithahaththella, May 21, 2023.

1. Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

Hi,The problem starts with my son's account has disconnected from the Microsoft family safety app and screen was timing out at the middle of his remote sessions with his teachers.So I tried removing and adding his account back and ended up getting the mesaage saying "Something not working - it's not you, it's us" error message.Please help me to solve this issue as I cant always stay around while he is using the computer.Thanks

:)

hasithahaththella, May 21, 2023

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, May 21, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, May 21, 2023
  4. Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

Child account in family safety is no visible

Helloo

Im Juliet and Im happy to help you Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety :)

I would suggest you try to Verify the child account's status.

Double-check if the child account is still active and has not been removed or deleted. If the child account has been deleted or disabled, it will not appear in the parent account's settings.

To verify the status of a child account and ensure it is still active, follow these steps:

1. Log in to the parent account: Use the credentials of the parent account associated with the child account and log in to the platform or service.

2. Navigate to the account settings: Once logged in, locate the account settings or profile page within the platform or service. This is usually accessible through a dropdown menu or a dedicated settings icon.

3. Look for family or child account management: In the account settings, search for options related to family or child account management. This could be labeled as "Family Safety," "Parental Controls," "Family Settings," or something similar, depending on the platform.

4. Access child account settings: Within the family or child account management section, you should see a list of linked child accounts associated with the parent account. If the child account is visible, it indicates that it is active.

5. Check for account deletion or disabling: If you do not see the child account listed, it might have been deleted or disabled. Look for any information or notifications indicating that the child account has been removed or disabled.

6. Verify with platform support: If you are uncertain about the status of the child account, or if you cannot find any information regarding its deletion or disabling, contact the platform's customer support. They will be able to assist you in confirming the status of the child account and provide further guidance.

I hope this helps Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety :) Let me know what happens Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety :)

Juliet Erum, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

1. Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety - Similar Threads - Cannot add child

2. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  3. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  4. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  5. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  6. Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety: Hi,The problem starts with my son's account has disconnected from the Microsoft family safety app and screen was timing out at the middle of his remote sessions with his teachers.So I tried removing and adding his account back and ended up getting the mesaage saying...
  7. Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety: Hi,The problem starts with my son's account has disconnected from the Microsoft family safety app and screen was timing out at the middle of his remote sessions with his teachers.So I tried removing and adding his account back and ended up getting the mesaage saying...
  8. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  9. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  10. I cant add my child in family safety

I cant add my child in family safety: HelloAfter contacting Microsoft support in April 2022, because I was unable to add my child's account to my family safety groupAnd my child cannot access his account, because each time he tried to access it, the site asked for parental authorization And each time we proceed...