Windows 10: Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked

Discus and support Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have spent considerable time directly with Microsoft support team and live chat but they have been unable to help and referred me to the Family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TizianaTizianaOE, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked

I have spent considerable time directly with Microsoft support team and live chat but they have been unable to help and referred me to the Family Support team.I get an error message when trying to access my child’s account as a parent or add him to my Family Account. Error is “something is not working. It is us, not you”.Who can help at all?I have screen shots of the errors available.

:)

TizianaTizianaOE, Feb 27, 2023

2. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Feb 27, 2023
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    How to block apps for a family member account

Thank you for the response.

You need to turn on the Recent activity setting for that child account, this will allow you to see what apps and games they've been using, and on the same page you will be able to add that specific app on the block list.

Refer to this support article for the steps on how to:
    Manage family settings

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 27, 2023
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Feb 27, 2023
Thema:

Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked

1. Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked - Similar Threads - Cannot add child

2. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  3. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  4. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  5. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  6. Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety: Hi,The problem starts with my son's account has disconnected from the Microsoft family safety app and screen was timing out at the middle of his remote sessions with his teachers.So I tried removing and adding his account back and ended up getting the mesaage saying...
  7. Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked: I have spent considerable time directly with Microsoft support team and live chat but they have been unable to help and referred me to the Family Support team.I get an error message when trying to access my child’s account as a parent or add him to my Family Account. Error is...
  8. Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked

Cannot add my child as family member, my account has been blocked: I have spent considerable time directly with Microsoft support team and live chat but they have been unable to help and referred me to the Family Support team.I get an error message when trying to access my child’s account as a parent or add him to my Family Account. Error is...
  9. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  10. Cannot add money to family members account

Cannot add money to family members account: "Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out." This is the message that I get when trying to add money to my sons account. I've read through the various forums and cannot find a decent response anywhere,...