Windows 10: Cannot add 'other account' (POP3) to Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10585 Build

Discus and support Cannot add 'other account' (POP3) to Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10585 Build in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After selecting (email) +add account, I get a screen that asks me to enter my email address and password. I do so and get the following error message;... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MikeGl, Feb 27, 2016.

1. MikeGl Win User

Cannot add 'other account' (POP3) to Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10585 Build

After selecting (email) +add account, I get a screen that asks me to enter my email address and password. I do so and get the following error message; "We couldn't find info for that account. Make sure the email address is correct and try again."

I'm not sure which address the email client is looking for at this point. However, I entered my valid address (xxxxx.q.com) and valid password to access mail.q.com / smtp.q.com (centurylink) servers. I suspect that the email client does not find q.com to be a valid domain name.

I cannot get past this point and have no idea what to do next. Can any help point in the right direction?

:)

MikeGl, Feb 27, 2016

2. Double messages in Windows 10 Mail

Windows 10 64bit

Version 1607

Build 14393.447

Mail App: Windows Live Mail 2011

Build: 15.4.3555.0308

Problem experienced on email accounts:

Utility Warehouse (ISP) - POP3 service

Heart Internet - POP3 service

OhNoStuckAgain, Feb 27, 2016
  3. PaulD_976 Win User
    Why has Mail App stopped responding

I have OS Windows 10 Pro

Version 1709

Build 1629915

The mail app stopped downloading emails last weekend.

I tried a rest of the app. Now it does not respond at all, I cannot add email addresses.

When they reappeared from my Microsoft account I cannot edit them.

PaulD_976, Feb 27, 2016
  4. MikeGl Win User

The best resolution to this and many other W10 email app problems is DUMP the W10 email client. It's a horrible piece of software, creates no error log, MS support seems non-existent and, no helpful W10 documentation exists.

I installed the Mailbird email client and had my POP3 account running is less than 2 minuets.

MikeGl, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot add 'other account' (POP3) to Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10585 Build - Similar Threads - Cannot add 'other

2. Cannot add a Microsoft account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add a Microsoft account to Windows 10: Hi, Five days ago, I have upgraded a Windows 8.1 computer with a legitimate license from a box I purchased in 2013 to Windows 10 and I chose the option to keep programs and user documents. It was not a clean installation as I've had this laptop for 9 years now and it's...
  3. Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot add microsoft account to a windows 10 pc: Hi. I realized that my user name didn't changed after signing in to a windows pc. so I tried to remove and add it again. unfortunately, I was greeted with this error in my screen. i hope that anyone can help me to fix this issue. Im using windows 10 pro as a fresh installed...
  4. POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders: I have seen this question but no answers. This is hard to believe - that microsoft doesn't enable the Mail App to be fully functional for POP3 accounts. I need to be able to set up folders within my email account to organize my work. There is no "+" sign by accounts or...
  5. Windows 10 Pro - no option to add user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - no option to add user account: Just did a clean install of Windows Pro 10 from a usb key and my option to add another account is not there. No family options...just manage my own account (administrator) Is there a fix or what do I do? How do I fix this? Do I need to reinstall and what options do I...
  6. Windows 10 Mail & POP3

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail & POP3: I’ve been reading this thread https://www.howtogeek.com/226010/how...in-windows-10/ but i need to be able to set it to remove mail from the server - this setting has always been an option with PO3 accounts - but in Mail Version 16005.10827.20186.0 - in Account Settings -...
  7. Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10: How to: Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 How to Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 makes it easy to add the accounts you use for your apps in one place in Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts so you can sign in...
  8. Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10: I have my hotmail account associated with Mail app in windows 10. I want to add my gmail account to Mail app but I just can't do it. When I click in Add an account in Mail app, nothing happens. I tried to click on Add an account in Settings --> Your email account, but nothing...
  9. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...
  10. Cannot add Gmail account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add Gmail account to Windows 10: I've tried using the Mail app, Calendar app and the Settings > Accounts page. All have the same result - I see the Google login screen very briefly, then an error indicating that my network connectivity is bad (it's not), and once that is closed, I get an error code:...