Windows 10: cannot add printer driver element not found windows 10

Discus and support cannot add printer driver element not found windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently tried to print to my network attached laser printer with no success. The print task ran but put nothing in the print queue. In my haste to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobProvost, Jan 25, 2020.

1. cannot add printer driver element not found windows 10

I recently tried to print to my network attached laser printer with no success. The print task ran but put nothing in the print queue. In my haste to get something printed, I uninstalled the printer and tried to add the printer. Windows never finds the printer during the search and when I manually define the printer using the same IP address xxx.xxx.1.11 I get the message "Printer driver was not installed. Element not found."

This printer is accessible from 2 other PCs both running Windows 10.

I have downloaded the most recent driver from Canan "PCL6_V4_PrinterDriver_V62_01".

I have run sfc /scannow

I have uninstalled the 3 most recent updates KB4528760, KB4532938 and KB4528759. Note: one of these apparently included a Lenovo update, as during the reboot I am prompted to install the latest update from the Lenovo System Update 5 task.

I have stopped and restarted explorer.exe task numerous times.

I have searched for possible fixes even using different search engines to see if I can find better answers at the top of the list with little to no results.

Is there any explanation anywhere that would provide more information on the "Element Not Found" error message?

:)

BobProvost, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 25, 2020
  4. cannot add printer driver element not found windows 10

Windows 10 and Printer Drivers

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) What is the make and model of the printer?

2) Have you installed all the latest drivers for the printer?

I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• In the left pane click on View all.

• Select the printer option and
      follow the on screen instructions.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

cannot add printer driver element not found windows 10

1. cannot add printer driver element not found windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot add printer

2. Printer driver was not installed – Element not found

in Windows 10 News
    Printer driver was not installed – Element not found: [ATTACH]As a Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC user, you may encounter printer issues or errors like Error 0x00000c1, Error 0x0000052e, Error 0x0000007c or 0x000006e4, HP Printer validation failed error. In this post, we provide the solutions to fix the Printer driver was not...
  3. Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".: Hi allPlease help me. My Surface Pro running Windows 10 64 bit was working fine but about one month ago, the three printers I had loaded Canon, Epson, and Microsoft Print to PDF all stopped working at the same time.I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them and the...
  4. Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".: Hi allPlease help me. My Surface Pro running Windows 10 64 bit was working fine but about one month ago, the three printers I had loaded Canon, Epson, and Microsoft Print to PDF all stopped working at the same time.I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them and the...
  5. Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Element not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Element not found: What's this error?How to resolve this.I get this everytime when i boot up my system.But the system functions normal.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/element-not-found/e1b9cc0f-df1f-47e3-90d6-bb6e3ef619fa
  7. Element not found

Element not found: What's this error?How to resolve this.I get this everytime when i boot up my system.But the system functions normal.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/element-not-found/f2ace55b-afb2-46dc-8dd9-bdce54245846
  8. Element Not Found Printer Driver Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Element Not Found Printer Driver Error: We recently networked a new HP LaserJet printer as our old one died. We have Windows 10 on all of our computers. The server and the other computer work fine with the new printer. However, mine will not work. I get a driver error when I try to download the software and an...
  9. Element Not Found.

Element Not Found.: Hi, I have problems with my file system 2018-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4483235). Whenever I try to delete something from my Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition I get Error deleting file 'file name'. Element not found....
  10. element not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    element not found: I don't have any sound on my computer . I have mute sign and read " No audio output device is installed " on my sound icon . It happened right after Microsoft windows 10 automatic update . I tried everything suggested and finally restored from a system restore point . It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp printer drive was not installed element not found

2. printer driver not installed element not found

3. printer driver was not installed element not found

4. print driver not installed element not found,
  5. Xerox printer not installed element not found,
  6. printer driver was not install element not found ,
  7. printer was not installed element not installed,
  8. windows 10 element not found installing printer,
  9. Unable to install printer driver element not found,
  10. element not found when installing printer,
  11. HP print driver not installed element not found,