Windows 10: Cannot add user account using microsoft email in windows 10 20H2 version upgraded from...

Discus and support Cannot add user account using microsoft email in windows 10 20H2 version upgraded from... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 20H2 version using a Windows 7 Product Key. I cannot add a user account using a microsoft email. On my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by josh wo, Dec 31, 2020.

1. josh wo Win User

Cannot add user account using microsoft email in windows 10 20H2 version upgraded from...

Hi:

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 20H2 version using a Windows 7 Product Key. I cannot add a user account using a microsoft email. On my other computer running Windows 10 2004, I see "Family and Other Users" settings, and a menu to add another user account using an email. However, on this computer, I do not see the "Family and Other Users" setting, only "Other Users". When I try to add another account, It does not let me add it using a microsoft email.

Cannot add user account using microsoft email in windows 10 20H2 version upgraded from... f9b49e3c-c9c5-4004-b7f2-4bd70ffdb9b7?upload=true.png

How do I add a user account using a microsoft email?

Thanks

:)

josh wo, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot add user account using microsoft email in windows 10 20H2 version upgraded from... :(

Zakin, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Cannot add user account using microsoft email in windows 10 20H2 version upgraded from...

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Cannot add user account using microsoft email in windows 10 20H2 version upgraded from... - Similar Threads - Cannot add user

2. Cannot upgrade Windows from version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade Windows from version 20H2: Hi, I have not updated my windows for a long time. However, I recently tried to download an application through the Microsoft store, but to download the application, my PC must be up to date, and it seems that my computer has tried to update several times before, but has had...
  3. Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version: hi guys I have upgraded my windows 10 home version to 20H2 for free Bought new version of 20H2 enterprise but if i Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version do i lose my software and apps and files on my previous 20H2? Thanks...
  4. Cannot add a Microsoft account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add a Microsoft account to Windows 10: Hi, Five days ago, I have upgraded a Windows 8.1 computer with a legitimate license from a box I purchased in 2013 to Windows 10 and I chose the option to keep programs and user documents. It was not a clean installation as I've had this laptop for 9 years now and it's...
  5. Cannot create new user from system settings because the Microsoft Page to add email account...

Cannot create new user from system settings because the Microsoft Page to add email account...: I go to Family and Other Users but when I click on the + button on either Add a family or Add Someone else, a Microsoft window where an email address should be provided opens all in grey and then closes. So the user cannot be added...
  6. Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...

Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...: Hi guys, So been trying to resolve this issue for a little while but I'm now at a complete loss. I re-built my computer not that long ago and had to re-purchase windows. At the moment all that I have on the machine is a single local administrator account. I have no...
  7. Cannot add a email account, calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add a email account, calendar: Hi I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not activated.Pls advise.Thanks...
  8. Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias: I have been trying to add an email alias to my Microsoft account. Every time I try, I get an error message that says: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." The screen capture is below. This is...
  9. Cannot add email accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  10. Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10: I have my hotmail account associated with Mail app in windows 10. I want to add my gmail account to Mail app but I just can't do it. When I click in Add an account in Mail app, nothing happens. I tried to click on Add an account in Settings --> Your email account, but nothing...