Windows 10: Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail

Discus and support Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to add my Yahoo email account to the Windows 10 mail app. I go into 'Manage Accounts' and click the 'Add Account' option.I receive the pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr. Brian, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Mr. Brian Win User

Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail

I am trying to add my Yahoo email account to the Windows 10 mail app. I go into 'Manage Accounts' and click the 'Add Account' option.I receive the pop up window to add account. I select 'Yahoo!'.The 'Connecting to a service' window opens - showing the Yahoo! sign in window.I enter my user name and click NEXTHere is the problem ----The next sign in screen is blank. There is no password entry block.I believe that Yahoo! is sending a CAPTCHA challenge for the login and the Mail app does not know how to handle it.How do I solve this problem and add the account to the mail app?

:)

Mr. Brian, Aug 12, 2021

2. Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Aug 12, 2021
  3. stevehero Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Bastet Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail - Similar Threads - Cannot add Yahoo

2. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  3. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  4. Add yahoo mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  5. Add yahoo mail address

Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  6. Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I've successfully added my Yahoo.ca account to Windows 10 mail in the past. For some reason it was disconnected. I tried adding it again using the account password and the app password created through Yahoo. Both don't work. I have two-step verification set up in...
  7. Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App

Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App: I have tried adding my Yahoo account to my Microsoft Mail. I can add GMail and Hotmail but not Yahoo, receiving this error message. [ATTACH] I also tried adding it as an "other account" but am unable to do so. I have reset the Mail app in settings and cleared the...
  8. Cannot send yahoo email in mail app

Cannot send yahoo email in mail app: I am using the MS mail app and the past couple of days I cannot send emails through my yahoo account. My gmail account on the mail app is working just fine. I can send emails from my phone and through the yahoo server. I am receiving emails with no problem. Please help....
  9. Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana: Hi all.. In Windows Mail, Calendar, or when trying to add a calendar to Cortana, selecting Google as the account type brings up a windows that says 'Creating Account', the little busy thing spins across (see image) and then it drops back to the select account type box...
  10. yahoo email on windows 10 mail

in Browsers and Email
    yahoo email on windows 10 mail: for the last 2 days i have been getting a message that my 'account needs to be updated' and asking me to update my password for my yahoo.ca email, my password doesn't work finally found a thread that advised me to delete the account and re-add it, so i put all my very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant type my password for yahoo mail in windows mail