Cannot append to pdf files

Discus and support Cannot append to pdf files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since installing the latest Windows 10 update I am unable to 'print' to an existing pdf file by choosing the 'append' option. This fails in Win2pdf and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greatgreensteve, May 12, 2018.

1. greatgreensteve Win User

Since installing the latest Windows 10 update I am unable to 'print' to an existing pdf file by choosing the 'append' option. This fails in Win2pdf and in Microsoft Print to PDF.

:)

greatgreensteve, May 12, 2018
  2. Manku41 Win User

Unable to open PDF file directly from WINZIP file

Thanks for the help. I tried the suggested steps. It did not work for me. When clicked on pdf files, now it opens with acrobat reader as opposed to Edge. But then I still cannot open pdf files directly form zip file.

Manku41, May 30, 2018
  3. Vanessa Sohtun Win User
    Cannot open PDF files

Hi Alice,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens when you open the pdf file?
    • Do you wish to open the file from the web browser or is it locally stored in your PC?

For now, I suggest that you download Adobe PDF Reader and check if you can read the pdf files that you wish. You can also right click and select Open with> Look for an app in the Store.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot append to pdf files - Similar Threads - Cannot append pdf

2. Can`t install any .msi file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can`t install any .msi file: Can`t install any .msi file. Shows this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cant-install-any-msi-file/6635c606-200c-48c1-889c-5733f08becc9
  3. File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC: File Explorer will refuse to open on my PC. when I double click on the icon in my taskbar and start menu, the screen will go black for a second (excluding taskbar) and nothing else will happen....
  4. cannot download apps from store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot download apps from store: hello I cannot download most of the apps it used to say "you need a device with more features" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-download-apps-from-store/31cdf977-5bf7-413c-aa18-acbe5d269777
  5. Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?: I want to be able to backup files and folders onto an external drive without them being combined into some sort of Windows image file, like Backup and Restore Windows 7 feature does. The File History backup does what I want, but I don't want to keep previous versions of...
  6. Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.: This is an issue I just discovered. I have a folder on my desktop that is 10.8GB. It has many files and folders inside of it. When I hover my mouse over it, it shows the correct total size of the contents of the folder i.e. 10.8GB. However, if I right click the folder and go...
  7. No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices: Since the recent update I can no longer see folders/files on external drives from other devices on my homegroup. Specifically, I have two external drives containing movie/video files which I can no longer access. I can access files on my hard drive. Any suggestions?...
  8. Remote Desktop App File Copy Issue

Remote Desktop App File Copy Issue: Help, I have downloaded the new client on my mac mini desktop with High Sierra fully patched. I can connect to servers and share files between the systems with no problem. When I try to connect to a Win10 machine I can copy files and folders up to the Win10 system. I can...
  9. How to share public dropbox file

How to share public dropbox file: How do I find the link to a public file in dropbox so I can share the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/how-to-share-public-dropbox-file/8c08521c-4a8c-4f0f-8fd9-992c34c189c1
  10. cannot connect mic on headset, can hera but no speaking

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot connect mic on headset, can hera but no speaking: with the windows creator April update, I have to roll it back for my mic to work, how do I fix that so I can use it instead of rolling it back each time....