Cannot assign folders to Start Menu

Discus and support Cannot assign folders to Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go to "Choose which folders appear on Start under Personalization/Start, everything is grayed out except for Settings. This happened after my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jackietools, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Jackietools Win User

When I go to "Choose which folders appear on Start under Personalization/Start, everything is grayed out except for Settings. This happened after my Start menu would not open. I then did a system restore which brought Start menu back but lost Edge browser. I ran a Power Shel command which brought Edge browser back but now I cannot assign folders to Start Menu other than Settings. The rest are grayed out. Thanks.
    Cannot assign folders to Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

Jackietools, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Don and Xiao PeiCameron Win User

cant assign folders to start menu

thanks for the reply

tried the above but nothing found after the scan

any other suggestions

also tried to load the CBS.log file, how do i attach this for you to look at

thanks

Don and Xiao PeiCameron, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Don and Xiao PeiCameron Win User
    cant assign folders to start menu

This is my problem, it is all grey'd out. You can not assign anything except "settings"

have gone back to windows 7 and the reloaded windows 10 and it is okay for 2 days then the same thing (as above) has happened 2 times. Look at all the forums for an answer but can not find a solution.

Don and Xiao PeiCameron, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot assign folders to Start Menu - Similar Threads - Cannot assign folders

2. Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game): The Snap Attack game (a.k.a. "Wordament Snap Attack") was retired as of May 18, 2018. The game can no longer be played (online or offline) and is no longer available for download. Given this, I see no need to keep it on my system. Operating system: Windows 10 Home...
  3. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  4. Starting computer for first time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  5. How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?

How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?: How do I find the Run field on windows start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-find-the-run-field-on-windows-start-menu/5c7186b0-2d9f-46ff-942a-7681797222d2
  6. Quarantine folder on Windows Defender will not open; it says something about Library DDL or...

Quarantine folder on Windows Defender will not open; it says something about Library DDL or...: when I try to see what is in the Quarantine folder on Windows Defender it says somethin about Library DDL or DLL not being installed or in error...
  7. I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...: I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent of what I am doing. I have tried to turn the sound to "None" for things like receiving mail. that did not help. Then I used the Control Panel > Sounds and selected no system...
  8. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up: How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-have-my-computer-use-2-step-verification/84a74da8-2af3-49ff-af62-60824d50590f"
  9. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...
  10. add search to folder in outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add search to folder in outlook: When I open a folder sometimes there is no search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/add-search-to-folder-in-outlook/4317d3bb-5dd4-4f3a-947e-8d08d2cb3042