Cannot assign folders to Start Menu

Discus and support Cannot assign folders to Start Menu in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When I go to "Choose which folders appear on Start under Personalization/Start, everything is grayed out except for Settings. This happened after my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jackietools, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Jackietools Win User

When I go to "Choose which folders appear on Start under Personalization/Start, everything is grayed out except for Settings. This happened after my Start menu would not open. I then did a system restore which brought Start menu back but lost Edge browser. I ran a Power Shel command which brought Edge browser back but now I cannot assign folders to Start Menu other than Settings. The rest are grayed out. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

:)

Jackietools, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Don and Xiao PeiCameron Win User

cant assign folders to start menu

thanks for the reply

tried the above but nothing found after the scan

any other suggestions

also tried to load the CBS.log file, how do i attach this for you to look at

thanks

Don and Xiao PeiCameron, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Don and Xiao PeiCameron Win User
    cant assign folders to start menu

[​IMG]

This is my problem, it is all grey'd out. You can not assign anything except "settings"

have gone back to windows 7 and the reloaded windows 10 and it is okay for 2 days then the same thing (as above) has happened 2 times. Look at all the forums for an answer but can not find a solution.

[​IMG]

Don and Xiao PeiCameron, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Cannot assign folders to Start Menu

Cannot assign folders to Start Menu - Similar Threads - Cannot assign folders

1. Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them.: My screen now contains 18 icons . I which to reduce them back to the normal orderly previous layout. While I can access display I cannot alter their size - There is about 50 icons stacked into 18 locations by the computer. I noticed it had occurred after an update. I also...
  2. Strange "cannot connect" issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange "cannot connect" issue: I have three PC's all the same version of Windows 10 ( the latest ). After a recent update the network needed repairing, and that I did with the help from people on this forum. However, one issue remains. I have PC's A, B, C. When PC B very first attempts to view folder...
  3. Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows has supported multiple languages from the start. Now, it even lets you have multiple languages installed on your PC. You can use one for display, while other can be used to type, and so on. That said, Windows 10 [...] This post Fix: Cannot remove a Language...
  4. My tablet stylus cannot work as a mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    My tablet stylus cannot work as a mouse: Hello, I have a wacom tablet that worked perfectly but after I reseted windows I can't get it to work as a mouse. When I "click and slide" a webpage scrolls, when I "click and wait" it's a right click etc... What I did: - installed wacom drivers - unchecked "use windows...
  5. Cannot Assign Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Assign Drive Letter: Normally when a drive has no drive letter, I can assign one in disk manager but not this time. Disk Manager does not provide the option of assigning a drive letter so I cannot use the drive??? [img] 111481
  6. Computer Assigned A False Drive Letter - Cannot Access External Hard-D

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Assigned A False Drive Letter - Cannot Access External Hard-D: Hi. Here's a screen shot. Woke up and fired up computer this morning. Went to access my External Hard-Drive. I have several of these, and the one I needed has been assigned drive letter G: Was showing up as 'I' and not letting me access. Upon closer look it...
  7. Cannot assign a drive letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot assign a drive letter: Hi folk. I have an external drive where the electronics of the case has failed. I have switched the drive into my pc so that I can use it as an internal drive. The drive is still operational but I cannot see it listed in my drives. Opening up disk manager shows the drive is...
Cannot assign folders to Start Menu solved