Windows 10: Cannot attach a .docx document in Chrome/Edge/Outlook - Windows 10 issue

Discus and support Cannot attach a .docx document in Chrome/Edge/Outlook - Windows 10 issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a recurring issue with no solution. I saw several posts with no good answers.I cannot attach a .docx document in any browser Chrome or Edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tanya_Z, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Tanya_Z Win User

Cannot attach a .docx document in Chrome/Edge/Outlook - Windows 10 issue

This is a recurring issue with no solution. I saw several posts with no good answers.I cannot attach a .docx document in any browser Chrome or Edge. Once you click on the file, the Open window freezes. The issue is apparently around a Word process starting when you choose a .docx file - you can see in the Task Manager.1. This is just the .docx issue. Other file types pdf, jpg, etc are fine.2. This is not a website or browser issue. It's persistent across sites/browsers.3. My Windows 10 is fully updated, and the computer has enough resources.4. I was able to boot from my own 3 mo old Window

:)

Tanya_Z, Jul 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Outlook Hyperlinks and PDFs Opening in Edge Not Chrome

I want to once again use Chrome for URLs and Adobe Reader for PDFs, but lost this after a Windows 10 auto-update.

I now too have the situation where PDFs in emails I receive in Outlook (2010) open in Edge, and when I attach a PDF to an Outlook email it shows as an Edge doc. Also, URLs in Outlook Emails open in Edge. PDFs and URLs other than in Outlook open with my
    preferences.

I've reset all the defaults I can find to associate PDFs with Adobe Reader and URLs to Chrome. Also tried the suggested regedit change. Didn't help at all.

My Set Default Programs don't show Microsoft Outlook, just:

• Microsoft account
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft family restrictions
    • Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    Control Panel shows I have both Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (which includes Visio) and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 - English (which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).

BobInTheMountains, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Unable to open docx attachments in Chrome browser in Windows 10

Hi Kristjan,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Does the issue reproduce with Internet Explorer or Microsoft edge?

I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and check if the issue reproduces. For Google Chrome, I would suggest you to contact the
    Chrome Support.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot attach a .docx document in Chrome/Edge/Outlook - Windows 10 issue - Similar Threads - Cannot attach docx

2. docx documents unreadable content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  3. docx documents unreadable content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  4. Cannot attach a .docx document in a browser - Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot attach a .docx document in a browser - Windows 10 issue: This is a recurring issue with no solution. I saw several posts with no good answers.I cannot attach a .docx document in any browser Chrome or Edge. Once you click on the file, the Open window freezes. The issue is apparently around a Word process starting when you choose a...
  5. How do I convert a .TXT document to a .DOCX document? Sent to me as an attachment to me in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I convert a .TXT document to a .DOCX document? Sent to me as an attachment to me in...: How do you convert from .TXT to .DOCX? PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-a-txt-document-to-a-docx-document/96a5a020-e126-40a6-9e22-443ba4b43b7c
  6. Cannot open attachments or documents automatically from Windows Outlook App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open attachments or documents automatically from Windows Outlook App: This has been a problem for a while. When I click on an attachment whether if it is .pdf or .docx or whatever, it does not open automatically on the screen. It divert the link to Edge or Word, but I have to go to Edge or Word manually to view the attachments or documents....
  7. Lost .docx document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost .docx document: My son is using office.com under teams to do school assignments as set up by the school. Tonight he was working on an ELA assignment. He thought he was saving it to submit. I remember a message asking him to sign back into Microsoft. The document is nowhere to be found. I...
  8. Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment: Hello all, I am trying to find a way to have Outlook be an available printer for documents. I would like to email a PDF that I have opened but not saved on my computer. My thought was to have Outlook available as a print option that would take the unsaved PDF directly...
  9. Documents Cannot Be Attached To Fax Message

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Cannot Be Attached To Fax Message: I have a problem which has suddenly developed in which I am unable to attached documents to fax messages. Message reads: C\users\roger\1\appdata\local\temp\1d3d78e8765a5.tif Cannot be attached to fax message. Has anyone had the same problem? 108461
  10. Cannot save attachment in Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save attachment in Documents: I'm helping Frank with a perplexing problem; he cannot save attachments in his own "Documents" folder. Background: When he migrated from Windows7 to Windows10 he got converted to logging on with his Microsoft Account. We neither fully understand this. Frank has only one...