Windows 10: Cannot attach a file in Gmail.

Discus and support Cannot attach a file in Gmail. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Gmail has been working perfectly until about two + weeks ago. Then it would say "no internet connection" although the internet tested connected. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillBoggess, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Cannot attach a file in Gmail.

Gmail has been working perfectly until about two + weeks ago. Then it would say "no internet connection" although the internet tested connected. Then another issue developed. When trying to attach a file to an email, the shell of the file will attach, but it never downloads.

I've tried everything I can find on the help pages, but nothing works.

:)

BillBoggess, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

download files attached to gmail

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me assist you in resolving the
    issue.

• Do you get any error message while downloading or attaching a file?
    Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on theMore actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.

2. Select Settings and click on
    Choose what to clear.

3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on
    Clear.

I suggest you to contact the Gmail support for further assistance on the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jun 9, 2019
  3. PACALA_BA Win User
    ?...Missing attachment on Gmail account on Phone

Hi

• Are the attachments still missing when viewing your Outlook account on Lumia 550?
    • YES , missing on OUTLOOK:COM and GMAIL
    • I see they ONLY after self forwarding
    • Are the attachments show up online at Outlook.com?
    • YES, i see they online
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I am Phone.store up to date
    • On the feedback they are MANY THREADS
    I have on the pc full access to OUTLOOK.COM via visual basic...., but no acccess on the phone...then i can do nothing

With app SECURE GMAIL...i see gmail attachments....

PACALA_BA, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Jablonk Win User

Cannot attach a file in Gmail.

gmail attachments

gmail attachments show as a paper clip icon in the header but don't show up in the body. i.e there is no paper clip or anything to download attachment. the attachment can be seen on my desktop but won't show on WP7 phone. (samsung focus)

Jablonk, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Cannot attach a file in Gmail.

1. Cannot attach a file in Gmail. - Similar Threads - Cannot attach file

2. Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email: When attempting any Word or Excel document to email (I have 3 web based email platforms that I've tried including gmail), my browser goes into 'Not Responding' and just keeps spinning. This happens as soon as I select the file I want to attach. I eventually need to kill it...
  3. Attaching a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attaching a file: I have a problem with attaching files in an email and an online a/r system. I scan the paperwork, it works fine, is saved to a file, I can retrieve it, so I don't think its my scanner. But when I go to attach it to an email or in a program for online A/R system, it gives...
  4. File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach Word file to Gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach Word file to Gmail: I have a problem attaching Office files to a Gmail email. When I create an email in Gmail running in Chrome and try to attach a Word or Excel file from my documents folder, the attach process freezes and I see the message Open (Not Responding) in the File Explorer window. I...
  5. File Picker UI Host not Responding when attaching Excel or Word doc's to Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Picker UI Host not Responding when attaching Excel or Word doc's to Gmail: Shortly after installing the latest Win10 updates in Feb 2019 I started receiving the File Picker UI Host not Responding error when attempting to select an Excel or Word document to a gmail when using Chrome, IE, or Edge. I can attach pdf doc's. I have even installed EasyMail...
  6. I cannot open gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot open gmail: I cannot open gmail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-gmail/1c341e2f-d2bc-4ebb-aee5-70dc9f39f7a3
  7. Cannot attach files in OWA using IE, Firefox or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot attach files in OWA using IE, Firefox or Chrome: I am on Windows 10 and unable to attach files using Exchange Web Mail. When I click attachment option, nothing happens. I tried in Edge, IE, FireFox and Chrome and all have same behavior. I am on latest SilverLight version. Please let me know if this issue is still pending....
  8. attaching files to email

in Browsers and Email
    attaching files to email: I have lost the ability to right click on a photo and choose to send it to an email address. The process starts correctly but Outlook doesn't open a new email as it used to. I could do this previously, went on holiday, came back and could no longer do it. so I don't see that...
  9. Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge: I got a return label e-mailed to me in Gmail. When I click on the attachment to either download it, or open the PDF, I get error messages. I am on Gmail in Chrome. If I try to download, it says I cannot do this (open Edge) under the Administrative account, switch accounts. If...
  10. Cannot save attachment in Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save attachment in Documents: I'm helping Frank with a perplexing problem; he cannot save attachments in his own "Documents" folder. Background: When he migrated from Windows7 to Windows10 he got converted to logging on with his Microsoft Account. We neither fully understand this. Frank has only one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not attach in gmail