Windows 10: Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

Discus and support Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When attempting any Word or Excel document to email (I have 3 web based email platforms that I've tried including gmail), my browser goes into 'Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gemini061672, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:42 AM.

1. Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

When attempting any Word or Excel document to email (I have 3 web based email platforms that I've tried including gmail), my browser goes into 'Not Responding' and just keeps spinning. This happens as soon as I select the file I want to attach. I eventually need to kill it from the Task Manager to move on. Any other type of attachment works fine. I found a few similar issues on here and have tried running the following from PowerShell

1. sfc /scannow

2. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

3. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

:)

gemini061672, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:42 AM

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:46 AM
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Cannot attach files to email

Hi Judy,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Do you get any error message when you cannot attach the files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Turning off block pop ups may help in getting the issue fixed.

I would request you to perform the suggestions by Zach Washburn
    from the link mentioned below if you use Microsoft Edge and then check if it helps.

Microsoft edge-cannot attach files in emails on outlook web app

Please revert if you face any issues with attaching emails.

Thank you.

4. Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

location of saved email attach file

I will suggest onereader app for reading pdf files.

You get this file(which is attached to email and you have downloaded) in office hub. In that swipe left and click on email. If there is not then download again the file.

Thema:

Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

1. Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email - Similar Threads - Cannot attach MicroSoft

2. Cannot attach a file in Gmail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot attach a file in Gmail.: Gmail has been working perfectly until about two + weeks ago. Then it would say "no internet connection" although the internet tested connected. Then another issue developed. When trying to attach a file to an email, the shell of the file will attach, but it never...
  3. Unable to attach office files to mails.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to attach office files to mails.: Office files were not attaching to mail. but the pdf files are attaching easily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-attach-office-files-to-mails/29a1e068-5cd4-4ce2-8abc-84f64bcccc13"
  4. Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application: If I attempt to attach an excel or word doc file to a message in gmail in Chrome or Edge the browsers crash. If I try to attach an excel file to Slack or somewhere else, the application crashes after freezing....
  5. Email attachment

Email attachment: How do I attach a saved document to an outgoing email? A series of export.pdf documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment/50753f16-8e21-4287-831c-4e5e2ad2e1bd"
  6. Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email

Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email: It used to be that when you attach pics to an outlook email there was an option to compress. That option is still available from Internet Explorer: when I select the pics then click email I can chose the size and "attach". For a couple of seconds the computer does something -...
  7. Email Attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attachments: I am using the mail application on my Surface Pro 4 with multiple email accounts. I have reset the program, uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled and tried to change the security. For a short time the application will work appropriately and attachments will show in...
  8. New window to Attach a file to email

in Browsers and Email
    New window to Attach a file to email: After I open the new window to attach a file, then click the 'date', it can't sort the file at all. If the fold has a lot of files, I couldn't find the newest one. This is very inconvenient. But in windows 10 explore, it works. How to fix this? [img] 75124
  9. attaching files to email

in Browsers and Email
    attaching files to email: I have lost the ability to right click on a photo and choose to send it to an email address. The process starts correctly but Outlook doesn't open a new email as it used to. I could do this previously, went on holiday, came back and could no longer do it. so I don't see that...
  10. Cannot print Attachments to emails in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot print Attachments to emails in Windows 10: I am not able to print attachments to emails in Windows 10 in any browsers. I get the option to view but then the print function does not work. If I try to download I only get the options to Save or Save As. Can anyone help? Thanks. Frank 61422