Windows 10: Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

Discus and support Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When attempting any Word or Excel document to email (I have 3 web based email platforms that I've tried including gmail), my browser goes into 'Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gemini061672, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

When attempting any Word or Excel document to email (I have 3 web based email platforms that I've tried including gmail), my browser goes into 'Not Responding' and just keeps spinning. This happens as soon as I select the file I want to attach. I eventually need to kill it from the Task Manager to move on. Any other type of attachment works fine. I found a few similar issues on here and have tried running the following from PowerShell

1. sfc /scannow

2. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

3. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

:)

gemini061672, Sep 11, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Cannot attach files to email

Hi Judy,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Do you get any error message when you cannot attach the files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Turning off block pop ups may help in getting the issue fixed.

I would request you to perform the suggestions by Zach Washburn
    from the link mentioned below if you use Microsoft Edge and then check if it helps.

Microsoft edge-cannot attach files in emails on outlook web app

Please revert if you face any issues with attaching emails.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

location of saved email attach file

I will suggest onereader app for reading pdf files.

You get this file(which is attached to email and you have downloaded) in office hub. In that swipe left and click on email. If there is not then download again the file.

MCCshreyas, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

1. Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email - Similar Threads - Cannot attach MicroSoft

2. Cannot download office files in any browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot download office files in any browsers: HiI cannot download office documents from any browsers. Pdf, jpg and other files works fine. But excel or word files stops, In the Downloads list in Edge it says 0 B/s - 44.1 KB of 41.1 KB and then nothing happens and I cannot open the file. As mentioned all other file types...
  3. Cannot attach file in any email in any bowser because after selected 'pin' the explorer...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot attach file in any email in any bowser because after selected 'pin' the explorer...: Hi everyone. Can someone advice me on how to solve the issue above. I cannot hold the document page to enable me to attach file to any email in any bowser. I've even reset the windows, removed all the extensions, removed all the cache, still the file cannot be attached....
  4. Cannot attach files to my emails

Cannot attach files to my emails: Hi, For the last few days I have had trouble attaching files to my emails. I compose an email, click the attachment icon, get into File Explorer, click on the document I want to attach, and then it freezes. I get a 'Not Responding' error and the prompt to close the...
  5. Cannot Download Any Microsoft Office File I download.

Cannot Download Any Microsoft Office File I download.: I have been having this isssue for months. I can no longer open any Microsoft Office file such as word or excel, really only power point works, that I download. I can create files on word and excel normally but any time I attempt to download and open a file I will get an...
  6. Cannot Attach files in any programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Attach files in any programs.: All programs that I attempt to attach files to fail. The attaching file window does not respond and I have to close that program to continue. This is across EVERY program. All Microsoft apps, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Paint, etc. and all other programs, including...
  7. Cannot open email attached file

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open email attached file: About a week ago, I was unable to open an emailed attached file. Doesn't matter the format; e.g. pdf, mp4, xls, etc. doesn't matter. I can save the file and then opened the saved file without problem. I have researched this problem and tried every suggestion I could find...
  8. Attaching office files

Attaching office files: I cannot attach office files to emails. 1 It does not matter if it is outlook online or app, gmail or any other browser type. It does not matter which browser Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox have all been tried. 2 I can attach other types of files such as pdf's and jpegs. 3...
  9. Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application: If I attempt to attach an excel or word doc file to a message in gmail in Chrome or Edge the browsers crash. If I try to attach an excel file to Slack or somewhere else, the application crashes after freezing....
  10. attaching files to email

in Browsers and Email
    attaching files to email: I have lost the ability to right click on a photo and choose to send it to an email address. The process starts correctly but Outlook doesn't open a new email as it used to. I could do this previously, went on holiday, came back and could no longer do it. so I don't see that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail crashes when attaching a file