Windows 10: Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email

Discus and support Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It used to be that when you attach pics to an outlook email there was an option to compress. That option is still available from Internet Explorer:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryMarshall2, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email

It used to be that when you attach pics to an outlook email there was an option to compress. That option is still available from Internet Explorer: when I select the pics then click email I can chose the size and "attach". For a couple of seconds the computer does something - compressing and attaching I presume - but then the trail runs cold. there is no email with the attached compressed pics. Ideas?

:)

JerryMarshall2, Dec 5, 2018

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Unable to attach photos in outlook emails in Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to attach photos in emails in Windows 10. I will be happy to assist you with this.

• Are you facing the issue with Microsoft office Outlook or Outllook.com web browser or Mail app?
    If you are using the Mail app, I suggest you to access Outlook.com through web browser and check if you are facing the same issue.

Please reply us with the above information and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Oxweel Win User

Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email

How to resize photos to attach to email (gmail)

How do I resize photos in Windows 10 to attach to my gmail email? I do not want to use Outlook. If I right click on the photos to send them to a zip folder, it saves the photos in the folder but does not compresses them. What am I doing wrong?

Oxweel, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email

1. Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email - Similar Threads - Cannot attach compressed

2. Outlook - Email Attachments missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook - Email Attachments missing.: Hey, I am facing an issue with Inbox emails with attachments. Some mails have attachments that just don't show up in my inbox on the outlook APP. These mails checked online on Gmail or Zoho mail show the attachments. The problem is not universal, since I have many...
  3. Cannot open "photo" attachments on email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open "photo" attachments on email: I have been having problems opening "email" photo attachments. When I click on the "clip", all I get is a blank piece of paper where the photo should appear. I have made numerous calls to my Internet Provider which is: Orbitelcom.com and today they said to call Microsoft...
  4. Photo attachment to email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo attachment to email: How do you send just one photo by email and not your library, please? Just recently when I attach a photo to an email it enables the receiver to view my entire photo library by just clicking the image icon. I'm running windows 10, live mail with no apparent recent changes or...
  5. Attach photo to email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Attach photo to email: I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. They have taken my pictures from Windows photo viewer to Photos. How do I attach a photo to an email in outlook? I have spent some time and cannot figure this out. Any advise would be appreciated. Garry...
  6. Attaching photos to emails question

in Browsers and Email
    Attaching photos to emails question: I'm not sure this is the proper place to ask this question; if not, forgive me and redirect. When I take pictures with my Canon camera I transfer them "as is" to my computer. I have just noticed that some of them are 20 inches by 14 inches and approx. 20Mb at 300 dpi. This...
  7. Attaching photos to emails question

Attaching photos to emails question: I'm not sure this is the proper place to ask this question; if not, forgive me and redirect. When I take pictures with my Canon camera I transfer them "as is" to my computer. I have just noticed that some of them are 20 inches by 14 inches and approx. 20Mb at 300 dpi. This...
  8. Photo attachments in email

in Browsers and Email
    Photo attachments in email: I have no idea if this is something I should be asking here but I'll give it a try. Recently I have received some photographs attached to an email that I can download but they were compressed and are only 25 - 27kb in size. I have saved them to my picture file but they...
  9. Attaching photos to email using Photos

Attaching photos to email using Photos: When I use the Share function in Photos the only email option is 'Mail' which I do not use. I have Outlook 2016 as the default email program. If I do use it the attachments appear at original resolution thus creating excessively large file sizes for email. It is very easy...
  10. attaching photos to emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attaching photos to emails: hello, when I try to attach photos to emails I get a blue box with a large number under it instead of the actual picture. I have to try and figure out what pic it is by the number. how do I get the actual picture to show up when I try to attach it. thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to attach compressed file to email

2. cannot attach pictures to email outlook

3. cannot attach photos to outlook email

4. how to attach photos to outlook email