Windows 10: Cannot attach PC device to MS Account.

Discus and support Cannot attach PC device to MS Account. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I seem to be going round in circles. a I wanted to use MS Store for the first time and it refused to start - "try again later". b Following... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BrianCox4B, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Cannot attach PC device to MS Account.

Hi,

I seem to be going round in circles.

a I wanted to use MS Store for the first time and it refused to start - "try again later".

b Following some diagnostics it stated that I was not logged into my MS Account - only to a local account.

c Tried logging in to MS account in Account Settings - failed with "something has gone wrong error"

d Following help from forums it seems I need to attach my PC device to my MS account.

e Logged into my MS account in Edge - tried adding my PC - but failed with device not recognised.

f Tried adding in my serial number etc but In fact it seems to only want to XBox or Surface devices.

g Following more hunting in forums it says one way to get round this is to - guess what? - add an app in MS Store! - see a above

I have tried all the other suggested items such as changing the Service settings on MS Account login - Resetting the MS store cache - check installation health etc etc. to no avail.

Anyone got any other ideas ??

Cheers

:)

BrianCox4B, Aug 21, 2020

2. Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 21, 2020
  3. eLC2 Win User
    Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

I am unable to delete a PC under Devices on my MS Account page.

When clicking "remove", I get an error: Blank page + "try another URL".

I just renamed my PC, and it appears by the old name in the Device listing.

My MS account logon will not sync with Windows 10, and i believe the two issues might be related.

So, any tips on removing the erroneous device from my list?

Thanks! Cannot attach PC device to MS Account. :)

4. Win7ine Win User

Cannot attach PC device to MS Account.

MS Account DEVICES

Has anyone else noticed that since updating to 18363.628 (most probably just coicidence and not webbrowser but server related) all Devices listed under the MS account have become "un-"manageable ... Sign in to your Microsoft account
    i.e. when clicking on "Manage >" for any listed devices in the Overview nothing happens ....

Win7ine, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot attach PC device to MS Account.

1. Cannot attach PC device to MS Account. - Similar Threads - Cannot attach device

2. Cannot log into MS Windows account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log into MS Windows account: Is my Microsoft account e.g. for Microsoft 365 and my Microsoft Windows account meant to be the same - that is, have the same email address and password? I can log into my MS account but not into MS Windows account - how do I fix this?...
  3. Device camera cannot be detected/not attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device camera cannot be detected/not attached: Hello, everyone. I am using coby laptop model: NBPC 1638. My camera was working fine. However, all of the sudden, it won't be detected; I cannot use it anymore. I don't know what caused this problem: the 2020 windows update or what? When I opened my camera it showed me...
  4. Connecting devices with MS account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Connecting devices with MS account: I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account?...
  5. Cannot get PC to add MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot get PC to add MS account: In going START-SETTINGS-ACCOUNT, the " add account" button is dead, and when I try to add a Microsoft account, I get the " just a moment" message and then the screen goes nowhere. I know for a fact the account email address and PW are fine, as it prompted me to use the sign...
  6. PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network: Hello all I have 2 pc with windows 10 pro build 1809 The unit can see itself or other devices under explores network. In both cased I have mapped shared folder on my 2 NAS. In the task bar I can add the address of the attached devices and will show the shared folders in...
  7. Remove Device from MS account

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Device from MS account: I'd like to remove the 2 devices shown below from my MS account. According to Brink's tutorial, click on More Actions and get the Remove PC option. In my account the More Actions isn't "clickable". Any other options? ALSO - how do I delete the device from My Computers?...
  8. Renamed PC name not showing in MS account devices

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renamed PC name not showing in MS account devices: Hi This is more frustrating than anything. I installed Windows 10, and after signing in with my Microsoft account I remembered to rename the PC from the DESKTOP-blah name to something more memorable. However, when I look at the devices in my Microsoft account settings...
  9. Created MS account, joined to domain, cannot sign on as MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Created MS account, joined to domain, cannot sign on as MS account: I just got a Surface Pro 4. I signed into it with my Microsoft account, and later joined it to my work domain. I wanted to use Cortana with Office, so I tried starting it up. It prompted for a Microsoft account, I entered my existing one, and it says "another user on this...
  10. Devices list under MS account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices list under MS account: Hello I have a desktop PC plus an XBOX one. Both signed into my MS account. Until today (well that's when I first noticed) both the PC and the XBOX one are listed under 'My Devices' when I login to the account.microsoft.com However now the XBOX one listing is missing....