Windows 10: Cannot attach pictures from my computer hard drive to Facebook posts

Discus and support Cannot attach pictures from my computer hard drive to Facebook posts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update, I find that I can no longer attach a picture from my laptop hard drive to a post on Facebook. When I try to do so,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jim Powers2, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Cannot attach pictures from my computer hard drive to Facebook posts

After a recent Windows 10 update, I find that I can no longer attach a picture from my laptop hard drive to a post on Facebook. When I try to do so, the only option given is "Upload from mobile." I assume this is an Edge issue, because this feature works correctly when I open Facebook in another browser like Chrome. Is there any change I can make to my Edge settings to get this functionality back?

:)

Jim Powers2, Apr 13, 2024

2. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 13, 2024
  3. how can i post pictures that i have saved in my computer on facebook?? help appreciated

Hello Myra,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• You will have a option in Facebook to upload pictures.
    • Click on that. You will get a windows to select the picture.
    • Navigate to the picture which you want to post and select it.
    • Your picture will be posted in Facebook.

If you have issues in posting the picture, you may contact the support of Facebook.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 13, 2024
  4. Cannot attach pictures from my computer hard drive to Facebook posts

Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

Cannot attach pictures from my computer hard drive to Facebook posts

1. Cannot attach pictures from my computer hard drive to Facebook posts - Similar Threads - Cannot attach pictures

2. Cannot attach pictures from my computer hard drive to Facebook posts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot attach pictures from my computer hard drive to Facebook posts: After a recent Windows 10 update, I find that I can no longer attach a picture from my laptop hard drive to a post on Facebook. When I try to do so, the only option given is "Upload from mobile." I assume this is an Edge issue, because this feature works correctly when I open...
  3. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  4. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  5. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I cannot copy and paste pictures from my hard drive anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot copy and paste pictures from my hard drive anymore: I have Win 10 Latest update Lately I have not been able to copy a picture from my hard drive to say a persons timeline on Facebook. I can however use the FB messenger picture post tool and copy a picture from my file system to a messenger conversation. I can also...
  7. Delete an attachment from a posting

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete an attachment from a posting: I have used up the five attachments that are allowed in my previous postings. They are in a text format. I need to attach a couple of text items to my next reply. How do I delete the old attachments to make room for two more in my reply. I had turned on the advanced posting...
  8. posting my photos on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    posting my photos on facebook: I kmow how to post works fine on Windows 7 but will not post on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-my-photos-on-facebook/2a0a4217-677e-435d-be8b-6afbd363cd16"
  9. Cannot locate my pictures after a download from an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot locate my pictures after a download from an external hard drive: Hi I set up my new laptop and used an external drive to transfer all my information to the new laptop. I cannot locate where my pictures are located in Windows 10. My previous laptop was on Windows 7. My files transferred and I can locate them in word and excel but no...
  10. cannot post photos on any part of facebook

in Browsers and Email
    cannot post photos on any part of facebook: this problem starte a few days ago. when trying to figure out what might have changed, i realized i had changed firefox to 64 bit. however, the problem also occurs on chrome. i cannot post photos to my timeline, friends' timelines, in comments or in messages. see...