Windows 10: Cannot automatically update

Discus and support Cannot automatically update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 will not automatically update, manually is OK. I have been to the Update Settings and used the cursor to move slider to automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jenoseel, Nov 9, 2018.

1. jenoseel Win User

Cannot automatically update

Windows 10 will not automatically update, manually is OK. I have been to the Update Settings and used the cursor to move slider to automatically update. However, when I remove the cursor, it slides back again.

:)

jenoseel, Nov 9, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 9, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Cannot automatically update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 9, 2018
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot automatically update - Similar Threads - Cannot automatically update

2. Cannot stop Windows installing updates automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot stop Windows installing updates automatically: Hi,How do I stop Windows automatically installing updates after checking if they are available?I want to be able to select which updates to install rather than it just installing older drivers which conflict with other software.For example, Intel Arc Control wants to update...
  3. Cannot stop Windows installing updates automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot stop Windows installing updates automatically: Hi,How do I stop Windows automatically installing updates after checking if they are available?I want to be able to select which updates to install rather than it just installing older drivers which conflict with other software.For example, Intel Arc Control wants to update...
  4. Windows cannot run automatic update nor update checks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot run automatic update nor update checks: My PC running on Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit OS cannot run update checks anymore, showing an error code 80072EFE. How can I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-run-automatic-update-nor-update/622f49e8-130a-45d2-a2e7-914d47ed1a2d
  5. Windows cannot run automatic update nor update checks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot run automatic update nor update checks: My PC running on Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit OS cannot run update checks anymore, showing an error code 80072EFE. How can I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-run-automatic-update-nor-update/622f49e8-130a-45d2-a2e7-914d47ed1a2d
  6. I cannot have computer restart automatically due to updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot have computer restart automatically due to updates: How can I stop automatic restart associated with updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-have-computer-restart-automatically-due/7c6f20cf-6645-4aac-a0fb-d661451cbfdd
  7. The Windows 10 laptop does not start after the automatic update and automatic repair cannot...

The Windows 10 laptop does not start after the automatic update and automatic repair cannot...: My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk does not start after undergoing an automatic update. All I get now is the "Automatic Repair" screen. However, even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still cannot start on Windows 10. I would appreciate any help...
  8. Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?

Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?: Why does W10 keep automatically installing my Nvidia graphics drivers? I have done all the 3 steps here: https://windows101tricks.com/disable...river-updates/ to try and prevent windows from automatically installing device drivers, but every time I uninstall the Nvidia...
  9. Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703

Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703: Hello, So a few months ago I had to roll my computer back from Windows build 1803 to build 1703 due to many unsolvable bugs involving my GPU. Ever since, Windows has been trying to automatically download build 1803 everyday. I searched online for advice on how to turn off...
  10. Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?: I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer. Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled "apps" automatically? [img] 15544