Windows 10: Cannot backup BitLocker recovery keys to Microsoft account

Discus and support Cannot backup BitLocker recovery keys to Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am unable to sync my BitLocker recovery keys to my Microsoft account. I have tried on several machines now, and none of them will allow me to store... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DuckyIsMe, Dec 21, 2020.

1. DuckyIsMe Win User

Cannot backup BitLocker recovery keys to Microsoft account

I am unable to sync my BitLocker recovery keys to my Microsoft account. I have tried on several machines now, and none of them will allow me to store the key in my account. I called in to Windows Support, who were unable to determine root cause. They provided me with case number which seems to have been automatically closed. They told me to contact Microsoft Account support, but the rep I spoke to didn't know how to do that and directed me to a page with a link that seems to have been broken since 2015.

Next, since this issue is occurring on several PCs, I tried contacting Account Support via the Get Help app. I was connected to someone in the Accounts department, who immediately shuffled me over to Windows Support, saying "I work in billing, I can't help you with your account." They gave me yet another case number.

I chatted with someone in Windows Support, generating a third case number. They had me try the same troubleshooting steps that the first rep and I tried over the phone, namely:

1. running BitLockerWizardElev.exe in an Administrator command prompt might be a typo, I'm working off memory

2. Clearing and reinitializing my TPM

3. Checking Group Policy this is a personal machine not in a AD domain or workgroup, just the default WORKGROUP

This was unsuccessful. I was promised a callback today; that did not happen.

I'd really like a ticket that I can submit with Support that I can check in on that isn't just shuffled between CSRs who encounter a problem that they can't immediately solve so do whatever it takes to get me off the phone. I understand they have metrics and bosses and all that, but it's very frustrating for me to have people who want to help me, but want to make sure they keep their jobs and aren't empowered to do anything that might actually help.

Does such a thing exist? If not, what's my best avenue for getting this problem solved?

Thanks for any advice you might have. I'm at wits end.

:)

DuckyIsMe, Dec 21, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

I have a brand new Surface Pro with Windows 10. I am attempting to enable BitLocker.

From the Control Panel / Manage Bitlocker, I click "Turn on BitLocker".

I am given a question, "How do you want to backup your recovery key?" and I choose, "Save to your Microsoft account."

I am greeted with a popup, "Bitlocker Drive Encryption error. Can't sign in to your Microsoft account. You need to be signed in to Windows with a Microsoft account to save your recovery key. Sign out and hen sign in with a Microsoft account, or go to
    Settings and choose Accounts to change your existing account."

I am signed in, but I went through these steps again, but I am unable to save my recovery key to my Microsoft account.

How do I fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bathosphyr, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Cannot backup BitLocker recovery keys to Microsoft account

BitLocker Recovery Key: How To Backup to Microsoft Account Instead of Azure AD?

Hi,

I am trying to backup my BitLocker Recovery Keys to my Microsoft Account, but the option is not there, it has been replaced by the option to backup to Azure AD account.

I do not have a personal subscription to Azure AD, although I can connect to my workplace's Azure account. However, the Recovery Keys do not appear for my devices in their account either.

Ideally I would like the World to forget that I ever accessed Azure & return to normal life!

Any suggestions, please?

SkyriderUK, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot backup BitLocker recovery keys to Microsoft account

1. Cannot backup BitLocker recovery keys to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Cannot backup BitLocker

2. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  3. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account: Hi! I have a PC with both Linux and Windows. When trying to boot Windows I'm greeted with a Bitlocker screen. I said to go tohttps://aka.ms/myrecoverykey and enter my unique device code to retrieve my Bitlocker code to unencrypt my harddrive. However when I go to that url is...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account: Hi! I have a PC with both Linux and Windows. When trying to boot Windows I'm greeted with a Bitlocker screen. I said to go tohttps://aka.ms/myrecoverykey and enter my unique device code to retrieve my Bitlocker code to unencrypt my harddrive. However when I go to that url is...
  6. Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination: Is there a way to determine what Microsoft account a bitlocker recovery key ID is a part of? Our surface pro 3 installed bitlocker without our involvement not sure how or why but that's another discussion. The 2 Microsoft accounts that we have do not have any bitlocker...
  7. Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination: Is there a way to determine what Microsoft account a bitlocker recovery key ID is a part of? Our surface pro 3 installed bitlocker without our involvement not sure how or why but that's another discussion. The 2 Microsoft accounts that we have do not have any bitlocker...
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key: How To Backup to Microsoft Account Instead of Azure AD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Recovery Key: How To Backup to Microsoft Account Instead of Azure AD?: Hi, I am trying to backup my BitLocker Recovery Keys to my Microsoft Account, but the option is not there, it has been replaced by the option to backup to Azure AD account. I do not have a personal subscription to Azure AD, although I can connect to my workplace's Azure...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2
  10. Bitlocker recovery key cannot found in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker recovery key cannot found in Microsoft account: I saved the recovery key to cloud accounts,but I can’t find the recovery key. I have login two accounts,one is personal account @qq.com,another is school *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...