Windows 10: Cannot backup system image to one of two drives

Discus and support Cannot backup system image to one of two drives in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have two external hard drives, WD-RED 2.0 TB, each is installed in a "Plugable" USB3-SATA-USASP1 SCSI Disk drive plugged into separate USB drives on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SOHO1, Jan 30, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Cannot backup system image to one of two drives

I have two external hard drives, WD-RED 2.0 TB, each is installed in a "Plugable" USB3-SATA-USASP1 SCSI Disk drive plugged into separate USB drives on my Dell Inspiron. (Drives F: and G*Smile The first is a tad full and will no longer fit another system image. So, I wanted to backup to the second which has plenty of space, being mostly unused. I just finished a file backup, to G: but cannot write a system image because Windows 10 does not show the drive as an eligible backup device!

The only difference I can see in properties of the two file systems is that the second one allows files and content to be indexed.

Suggestions?

:)

SOHO1, Jan 30, 2016

2. Backup of two computers system image in one external Harddrive

Thank you for the clarification and your suggestion noted for compliance.

SrinivasanJ, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Backup of two computers system image in one external Harddrive

Shilohbob, Jan 30, 2016
Thema:

Cannot backup system image to one of two drives

1. Cannot backup system image to one of two drives - Similar Threads - Cannot backup system

2. Cannot create system image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot create system image backup: I want to create a system image backup but I can't because I don't have enough space to store it. I checked and noticed when I backed up it included drive E even though I didn't install any operating system on this drive....
  3. Cannot backup system image to internal HD

Cannot backup system image to internal HD: Hi, I am trying to save a "system image" to my "E" drive but Windows does not detect it in the process. Can someone help me? You will find below screenshots that be may help diagnose the problem. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Thanks in advance,...
  4. System Image Backup Drives

System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  5. system image backup

system image backup: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  6. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  7. Two Backup software on one system

in Browsers and Email
    Two Backup software on one system: Why can't you have two backup programs on the same system? I had macrium reflect v7 (paid) and Acronis 2017. I've used Acronis since version 8. Starting with Acronis 2012 it started to slow down a lot. Upgraded all the way to 2017 thinking it would speed up. It didn't and may...
  8. Two drives included in system image?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Two drives included in system image?: Hello. Several days ago I decided to locate and delete duplicate files on my PC prior to transferring my libraries to a second SSD. I've got two SSDs and 3 HDDs in my setup and I want to rationalise, possibly putting the HDDs as offline for backups etc. Anyway,...
  9. Two system drives (when making a backup)?

Two system drives (when making a backup)?: When making a backup Win 10 insists that my D: 'games only' drive is a system drive too? and wants to back it up. I never have had any Op-sys installed on it, what are the easiest way to find out if it have any system related stuff added on it, and if it have none, then how...
  10. Cannot Backup or system image, Win 10

Cannot Backup or system image, Win 10: I've recently upgraded 8.1 to 10. Things seemed somewhat okay but before I try to do anything with programs, etc., I want to back up and also make a system image to an external drive. This will not happen, I get error codes, 0x807800c5 and 0x80780081. I do not want to resort...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysyem image backup windows 10