Windows 10: Cannot be administrator of my own computer + problems with windows defender

Discus and support Cannot be administrator of my own computer + problems with windows defender in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I am kindly asking for your help to solve two problems I am facing with windows on my Lenovo Thinkpad t490s.The first problem I face... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AttilioTardani, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Cannot be administrator of my own computer + problems with windows defender

Hi everyone! I am kindly asking for your help to solve two problems I am facing with windows on my Lenovo Thinkpad t490s.The first problem I face relates to windows defender and admin rights. Whenever I tried to disactivate windows defender, a pop up saying that the IT admin had restricted access to certain apps W.D. included would come up. The pop-up would say - textually - "The IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of the app and the item you are trying to access is not available. For more information, contact technical support" Translated from Italian.It is i

:)

AttilioTardani, Aug 13, 2021

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 13, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Cannot be administrator of my own computer + problems with windows defender

Windows Defender isn't initializing.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Cannot be administrator of my own computer + problems with windows defender

1. Cannot be administrator of my own computer + problems with windows defender - Similar Threads - Cannot administrator own

2. How do I become the administrator of my own computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I become the administrator of my own computer?: I'm always getting issues with Windows 10 saying I can't do certain things and have to contact the administrator. It's my PC! There is no administrator other than me! How can I change this? Please, it's such a stupid error I know, that's what Microsoft does all the time. Why...
  3. administrator of my own pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator of my own pc windows 10: how do i become an administrator of my own pc windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-of-my-own-pc-windows-10/7bfebdb7-f76c-4e3f-bb6c-c0a640f0a195
  4. my own computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my own computer.: I am only one ever to use my computer. I want to be the admin and I should be admin. How do I change me as user to me being the admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-own-computer/e10bc47f-b89e-4be6-b019-90d5d5e2ecaf
  5. Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...

Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...: No questions; just wanted to hop on here and tell you all that you suck for making an OS so convoluted that so-called 'administrators' cannot even access their own 'services' feature to do simple things like cancel a print job that takes 20 effing minutes to cancel...
  6. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.: The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the security tab, the only permissions I have are: Read List Folder Contents Read and Execute Funny enough, these are...
  7. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.

Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.: I can't download anything or open command prompt. Not sure when or why this happened. I am the only user and i bought the computer brand new....
  8. I need to be administrator of my own computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to be administrator of my own computer: I have tried to defrag my computer but it wont let me because it says I'm not an administrator. The solution on help was to go into Friends and Others section. This did not work because my account did not come up as family or other....
  9. I am no longer administrator on my own computer

I am no longer administrator on my own computer: While trying to make my computer more user friendly and stop it from asking permission from administrator to do certain things, I accidentally turned off my administrator rights. I know the admin password but every time it says to enter the admin password there is no place to...
  10. Cannot delete files owned by "Administrators" group

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete files owned by "Administrators" group: Hi, I have a non-Windows 10 specific problem. I want to delete a Windows.old folder and it is owned by the Administrators group to which I belong. I actually use the built-in-Administrator-account with UAC completely turned off via registry hack. When I open the command...