Windows 10: Cannot block removeable storage access

Discus and support Cannot block removeable storage access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm having no success blocking access to removable storage for one of our domain's AD security groups. The setting for our Default Domain Policy is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by R Glon, Jan 21, 2021.

1. R Glon Win User

Cannot block removeable storage access

I'm having no success blocking access to removable storage for one of our domain's AD security groups.

The setting for our Default Domain Policy is left unconfigured--that is, User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Removable Storage Access: All Removable Storage classes: Deny all access I've created a separate gpo Deny Removeable Access that sets that option toEnabled, and under the Scope tab, I've removed Authenticated Users underSecurity Filtering and added in the corresponding AD security group.

But I log onto a laptop on our domain, with a user account in the appropriate AD group, and still have access to USB drives. I've restarted the computer several times, runninggpupdate /force as an admin logged in as the domain admin and running CMD as an admin, and even connecting hardline instead of just wireless to our network. I logged on as the test account and used gpresult /vto make sure that security group is listed for it.

Not sure where I'm going wrong. From what I understand, if I alter the GPO to be under Computer Configuration and not User, it would do it for all computers, regardless of who's logged on--and that's not what I want. I want a particular security group's members to be blocked no matter what domain computer they're on. Any suggestions?

:)

R Glon, Jan 21, 2021

2. how to Block USB storage on Windows 10 Computers

Requirement :- Block All usb storage media and provide access to only company provided USB storage device(maximum of 10)

Preference :- Group policy ,Defender ,ATP

User count :- Apprx 30K

Antivirus :- Windows defender

Kindly suggest whether below task can be accomplished using group policy or any alternate way,if yes,please help me required steps

rahul1991ZC, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Lemo1086 Win User
    Removing a Blocked URL

Having trouble with removing a Blocked URL. I try to access youtube.com, but a pop up message that say.

www.youtube.com is blocked
    The person who set up this computer has chosen to block this site.

• Try contacting the system admin.

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_ADMINISTRATOR

Check your administrator's policies
    Visit chrome://policy to see the list of blacklisted URLs and other policies enforced by your system administrator.
    I tried going into Windows Registry, but I couldnt locate anything to help
    me remove it.

Lemo1086, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Cannot block removeable storage access

Block access to WLan on an E51.

How to block access to WLan on an E51?

Is it possible to completely remove it from the menu list?

giannis121, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Cannot block removeable storage access

1. Cannot block removeable storage access - Similar Threads - Cannot block removeable

2. Remove USB Blocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove USB Blocking: Hi All,So we had ConnectWise Automate with ThirdWall to block USB storage access to users' PCs. We no longer have ConnectWise Automate or ThirdWall but the USB's storage is still blocked. We have worked with ThirdWall Support to try and get it removed but all Group Policies...
  3. How to disable Removable Storage classes and access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Removable Storage classes and access in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to disable access to removable storage devices and ports in a […] This article How to disable Removable Storage classes and access in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Cannot Access USB Storage on ASUS Router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Access USB Storage on ASUS Router: I have a router, serving as an access point. It is an ASUS RT-AC87U. Connected to it via USB 3.0 is a 5TB portable drive. My initial setup with this allowing anonymous logins worked just fine. I've so far disabled Anonymous Logins for both FTP and Media Share. The FTP side of...
  5. BLOCKED ACCESS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BLOCKED ACCESS: Hello, Please, I have a question and of course I am waiting a right answer if is possible to fix this impediment. I try ON LINE to fill out an Application and when I press " Apply Now" then appears these words.........This page can not be reached............. My...
  6. Blocked access to D:\ drive after enabling Policy All Removable Storage classes: Deny all...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocked access to D:\ drive after enabling Policy All Removable Storage classes: Deny all...: Hi All, Almost my user is using Windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.418). I am expecting to block their USB or Removable Storage. I have created a GPO for blocking Removable Storage Access for a long time and it worked without any issue. The setting of GPO like this:...
  7. Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices: Prevent users from writing or reading files and folders for a removable drive. Code: @Echo Off & Cls net sess>nul 2>&1||(powershell start cmd -ArgumentList """/c %~0""" -verb Runas & exit) Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=70 & Color 0E & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo....
  8. Cannot access Storage Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access Storage Space: I've created a problem with Storage Spaces by changing the drive letter in Windows 10. This has caused a Storage Spaces error, and I can no longer see the Storage space in File Explorer. Disk Management shows the drive as unallocated. I now have the following situation. The...
  9. Enable or Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices in Windows How to Enable or Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices in Windows Users are allowed read and write access to all removable storage devices they connect to the computer by default in...
  10. Block USB storage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Block USB storage?: Hi, Is there any software that can help me block USB storage on PC but not the mouse and WiFi adapter connected? Also, is there a way that I can get notified in any ways when someone connects a pen drive or phone to the PC? 28003